SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The source button now cycles between CD, FM 1/2/3 and AM right now...

Perhaps the required software download when the OEM sat system is installed causes "SAT" to show up on the radio but what about TV? I'm thinking about a future iMIV install that I'm told requires the sat/TV source inputs to function. As sat would be used for the satellite system, I'd need TV as MD Changer isn't supported on the HU-650.

Thanks once again for everyone's help!

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Re: Sat and TV source inputs on HU-650 (landsmarra)

Probably no software needed for your project--I can't think of anyone around here who needed it; I recommend doing it first without. It won't hurt anything and if it works without it, you get to take your significant other out for a nice meal.

The HU polls the melbus when it is turned on and you will see whatever channels selected by the particular iMIV firmware you have chosen. No iMIV, no TV, CD-CHNGR, or MD; no SAT receiver hooked up, no SAT channel on the HU.

I suspect that the firmware d/l's are to update the HU for any changes that may have occured in the model line since a particular car was built. It seems that no one around here has run into any problems with missing the right firmware with their HU's.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Sat and TV source inputs on HU-650 (MrTippy)

OK, I got it!! In that case, I can probably forego installing anything at the dealer and do the whole job at an independent shop!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Re: Sat and TV source inputs on HU-650 (landsmarra)

Quote, originally posted by landsmarra »
The source button now cycles between CD, FM 1/2/3 and AM right now...

I have an 05 XC70 with an HU650. Source button cycled the same way. Then I added an iMIV with the extra firmware that showed the iPOD songs on the HU's screen. Now Source button also shows Sat1, Sat2, Sat3. iPOD is heard on all three Sat channels.

Then I added an XM tuner through the iMIV and the Source button scrolls thru all of the above plus CD Changer (for the XM). No softgware update from Volvo needed.

Ozzie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.