SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I do the SAS delete in the ECU, can anyone tell me how to remove the air pump and the lines associated with it.
Thx in advance

·
Registered
62 Posts
Remove battery and tray.
SAS pump and bracket sit below it.
Removing the pump is easy, but the check valve connecting to the exhaust is mord difficult. I just cut the rubber hose a few inches from it. Looks crappy but ill delet they when I do a downpipe install.
If you have a stock air box, you need to plug the hole to it or unfiltered air will get in. I just swapped in a air box top off a non SAS turbo for a clean look.
Do a search and you'll find tutorials.

·
Registered
543 Posts
If you're in an area that does smog testing, they may balk at the airbox lid with a hole that goes nowhere, so just as getspooled mentioned, get a lid from a junkyard. I read a post from someone who did the delete but failed because of the 'hose to nowhere' - I think they were in California. I pulled a lid off a '96 and it works like a champ and even says TURBO on it - nice.

For the check valve, I was able to remove the tube off the downpipe and install a bung plug (sophomoric giggle) to make it look clean. There's some confusion about leaving the relay connected. I didn't want to take any chances so I left mine plugged in and sitting in front of the battery tray, tucked under the headlight housing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts