SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st timer - Is it going to be possible to get a XC90 FWD w/ premium pack with the sand color interior i've seen on the Volvo wagons and a Wood steering wheel? Time doesn't matter much to me - i'd like to get what iwant - expect to have the SUV for a long time - want to get it right.
thank you
paul

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: Sand Interior and Wood Steering Wheel ? (pshire)

quote:

1st timer - Is it going to be possible to get a XC90 FWD w/ premium pack with the sand color interior i've seen on the Volvo wagons and a Wood steering wheel? Time doesn't matter much to me - i'd like to get what iwant - expect to have the SUV for a long time - want to get it right.
thank you
paul
No Lt. Sand interior. Just Taupe or Graphite.

Yannis

·
Registered
45 Posts
Re: Sand Interior and Wood Steering Wheel ? (GrecianVolvo)

But the taupe is very light and I would call it more sand than taupe so the color name may just amount to semantics.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: Sand Interior and Wood Steering Wheel ? (sleepless2)

Taupe is not very light. Taupe is a darker beige with some grey in it.

Yannis

·
Registered
45 Posts

Respectfully, I saw the color it at the Alameda Driving Experience. Guys, it was very light colored.!!!!!! ?????????? I'm not crazy here or color blind. Unless these had a special interior I still stand by my comment. It's light. I have to admit at the time I wondered why it was called taupe cause it didn't look anything near taupe to me. I agree totally with your definition of taupe.

[Modified by sleepless2, 12:24 AM 10-30-2002]

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: Sand Interior and Wood Steering Wheel ? (sleepless2)

Perhaps, it was a color that would be offered in Europe??? I have to e-mail my friend in Sveden and see what's up. It is possible as all the XC90s that Volvo brought here for shows/training, etc. were under Swedish/E.U. specs.

Yannis

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Gentlemen, The "sand" colored interior i saw was in a V70 wagon w/ nautic blue exterior was absolutely beautiful - a rich color, a solid color(no overtones or accents), more of a natural leather, like a baseball glove. I know it's not offered in the XC90 - but it is a Volvo color/material - could it not be installed at the factory - as well as the wood steering wheel. The taupe is neither an exciting nor classy color befitting the vehicle. The graphite is nice but i live in san diego and black interior gets very hot here - thanks for your interest - paul

·
Registered
45 Posts

Very possible that you are correct. All the cars had European plates on them. The US specs say taupe/lt taupe. The dash was darker but the leather was lighter. I think it looked very much like the color that is shown if you go into the volvoxc90.com website under build your own car. Know that sometimes colors don't reproduce exactly but I think this illustrates the light appearance that I noted. It's very attractive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts