SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Questions for the sales people here, re an S80....

My local dealer hasn't gotten any '13s yet and tells me they don't know when they'll get any. They also tell me prices and incentives (if any) are unknown. This seems odd since I'm seeing 13's listed on dealer web sites from around the country. Is it possible this store is in the dark? Regional thing maybe? What's known about 2013 pricing and current incentives?

And, how feasible is it to get a specific configuration (order to specifications) for US delivery? I know, I need to stay within the standard US dealer delivered options list. Can a car slotted for production for a dealer be altered, and hit the dealer lot by end of year?

Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Not sure if this helps you. Back in 2003 we custom ordered our 04 XC90 from our local dealer. Ooptions were from the US spec sheet. I think a dealer would be able to change the specs on one of their dealer allotted cars. Mind you they would want some sort of reassurance that you will purchase the said vehicle. If your car is not spec'd with popular options then they might be hesitant because they might be left with a vehicle that might not sell unless discounted heavily.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Have you considered Overseas Delivery? You're going to have to wait for the car anyway; with OSD you could get a trip too.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure if this helps you. Back in 2003 we custom ordered our 04 XC90 from our local dealer. Ooptions were from the US spec sheet. I think a dealer would be able to change the specs on one of their dealer allotted cars. Mind you they would want some sort of reassurance that you will purchase the said vehicle. If your car is not spec'd with popular options then they might be hesitant because they might be left with a vehicle that might not sell unless discounted heavily.
How long did it take to get the car after you ordered it?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you considered Overseas Delivery? You're going to have to wait for the car anyway; with OSD you could get a trip too.
We know all about OSD and it is an option. However if we do OSD this time, we would want to travel in the spring and that would put the car on the ground in the US sometime in the July 2013 time frame. I don't think the wife wants to wait that long. Our 1st OSD was a fall trip. It was a really great trip. If we do it again, we want a different season.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
How long did it take to get the car after you ordered it?
I think we ordered it in either December 2002 or early 2003. The situation with the XC90 back then was different. It was a brand new model and the demand from the USA was such that the 04 models were delivered early. We took delivery of our 04 in May of 03. If you are not in that hurry I would say OSD should be an option you might condsider. Other option is to seek out a dealer who is more willing to custom order the car for you.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply napster. I should have caught that your's was an XC90. I'd love to do another OSD. But my better half doesnt want to wait that long - if we did OSD, it was going to be Norway in May. Instead I'm working with the local guys who, after a miscommunication, are doing what they can to find us one that fits her specs.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
We know all about OSD and it is an option. However if we do OSD this time, we would want to travel in the spring and that would put the car on the ground in the US sometime in the July 2013 time frame. I don't think the wife wants to wait that long. Our 1st OSD was a fall trip. It was a really great trip. If we do it again, we want a different season.
We went in April, had the car June 1 (suburban Philadelphia). The waiting is the hardest part...

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like the OSD door just reopened... two of 3 local dealers are telling us we need to special order to get the S80 she wants and that means waiting. Seems there is nothing that fits the spec list scheduled to come in on the west coast they could trade for. They did find a car in PA, but I'm not paying $1200 to truck it to Colorado. If we need to special order, then we may as well travel. Looks like another fall trip to Sweden may be in the works. But, thats ok

·
Registered
347 Posts
Late Fall is the slow season...you might get a Volvo incentive to show up then for the new S80 and road test the AWD!

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Late Fall is the slow season...you might get a Volvo incentive to show up then for the new S80 and road test the AWD!
Keep your eyes out for a Winter Special (2011-2012 was Stockholm or Paris, additional hotel nights, flights between the cities, all at a very reasonable price).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts