SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Re: (Hi Alt R)

I'll second that about the blue ones. Look great with nordkap and easy to install with the plastic thread cover.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (legbend)

Quote, originally posted by legbend »
I think i have an older version of these(?). Previous owner installed them, but they're loose... do these fit better?

our original batch of these had a problem with loose inserts. We had to do a FoMoCo like tech note bulletin to the original buyers for a fix. since then we've come up with a better adhesive that should give no probs. it's still possible to make them loose of you screw/unscrew them alot, but it shouldn't happen if you set it and forget it. I am IM'ing you the fix for yours.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Re: (vizwiz)

So what happens if in our efforts to put on these fancy doorpins....of which the only way is to use a vise-grip or pliers of some sort since a good ole' hand wont work...we scratch them because the little plastic protector doesnt really protect anything? I am open to better installation idea's that dont involve me scratching my door pins and basically wasting my money

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (Tarheelvolvo)

Quote, originally posted by Tarheelvolvo »
So what happens if in our efforts to put on these fancy doorpins....of which the only way is to use a vise-grip or pliers of some sort since a good ole' hand wont work...we scratch them because the little plastic protector doesnt really protect anything? I am open to better installation idea's that dont involve me scratching my door pins and basically wasting my money

We discovered some months ago that the threading on the S40/V50 is different from the P2 cars. Folks who have the old pins (Pre Feb 28) can exchange them for ones that are the right size. If you are handy with a drill press you can also just drill them out one size up. Looks to me like you might fall in that camp if you had to turn them that hard. See thread below for details.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=54435

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
got mine in today -- they look great

i just installed them...the front ones, anyway.

the threading for the rear ones fell in, so i couldnt do them
and what's worse is my left side rear door doesnt even open anymore [from both the inside and outside]
. the passenger side rear unlocks and opens fine :/

any solutions? i understand i'll probably need to remove the inner door panels :/ So if anyone can tell me how to do that...

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Quote, originally posted by Liverichly »
I read the install link at http://www.takspeed.com/commons/viewtopic.php?t=43, it sounds easy enough to install, however I'm a level below rookie when it comes to modifying any part of a car, from the R owners who have installed these, or similar pins, already, is it really that easy?

Easiest "mod" I have ever done

1 - 20 of 21 Posts