SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys-

Annoying problem on the C30 that the V50 also suffered from - one of my exhaust tips hangs a bit lower than the other. I think the issue has to do with weight and where the exhaust is hanging.

Has anyone found a solution for this? I want to raise it by maybe 1/2" - 3/4". My thinking is this could be done via a different rubber hanger bushing but I'm not sure if they are all the same in terms of distance from the two holes.

Maybe this would do it? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B010YHFWME?psc=1

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
That mount could be a good idea, i went through the same thing with my stock and aftermarket exhaust. I ended up using a HD ziptie that i could snake through the hole of the existing hanger to keep the left rear side of the muffler from slipping off its hanger, it worked well because the aftermarket piece didnt have anything to keep itself from sliding out of the hanger... So maybe you could try using a ziptie in a similar way to take up some of the slack on the RR(IIRC) side?

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah on the V50 I tightened a band clamp around the mount to bring it up. I wanted something a bit less 'rigged' so I'm on the hunt for a rubber mount that has a smaller gap between the two holes.

Now to figure out the stock gap.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
yeah i figured you didnt want to do a crappy job improving it so i think, like you have pictured, thats your best bet.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I used three big zipties on the left side. They're still doing fine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts