SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this post go live today. I love this car and am curious if anyone here is familiar with this particular car or the seller. There are lots of positive comments on the listing from folks that know the seller, Daniel Maley. I figure there’s a good chance he’s a member here.

Automotive parking light Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

Thanks.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Dan is a great guy and extremely knowledgeable about P80s! He also makes YouTube videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCASfaPjnamBO5azoqBO03nw

He is good friends with Robert DIY if you know of him. I would have no concerns purchasing one of his vehicles. That's not his only saffron!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Yup, Dan's a good guy. He has a few V70Rs in nice colors, that's a nice one.

Reactions: WallyBR

·
Registered
2,126 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe he helped him with it and made some videos, if I'm remembering correctly.
Yep. Robert posted videos of the two of them doing this swap. Seems as solid as you’re going to get in terms of people doing this engine/trans swap.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I believe he helped him with it and made some videos, if I'm remembering correctly.
Actually, Dan helped Robert with with his first manual swap on Panther. In fact, Dan had swapped this same transmission into a silver V70R years ago. He sold the car to another Volvo enthusiast who then had an accident (not his fault). The car was totaled but the owner bought it back and parted it out. Dan purchased the the transmission from him and wound up putting it into the Saffron. I first met Dan at a Volvo car show in 2016 where he took first place with that silver manual swapped V70R. Dan is a true ambassador to the brand and I wouldn’t hesitate recommending him as a seller!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts