SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting closet to finalizing purchase (out of state) of xc60 (2011 T6 R 32K miles). Dealer is offering safeguard "premium" warranty for 6 years for $2280 with $100 deductible. Not finding much online about safeguard other than their website. I have a request in for a quote on a volvo VIP service drive warranty to steingold volvo to compare. Calling my local indie volvo shop tomorrow to see what their experience is with safeguard. Anyone had a warranty with this co?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sorry, know nothing about this company... But why not just get it CPOed, and save 500-1k for maintenance and potential repairs?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
got a very good deal on the car with every option that I wanted - being sold by a non-volvo dealer - so CPO isn't possible

·
Registered
485 Posts
Getting closet to finalizing purchase (out of state) of xc60 (2011 T6 R 32K miles). Dealer is offering safeguard "premium" warranty for 6 years for $2280 with $100 deductible. Not finding much online about safeguard other than their website. I have a request in for a quote on a volvo VIP service drive warranty to steingold volvo to compare. Calling my local indie volvo shop tomorrow to see what their experience is with safeguard. Anyone had a warranty with this co?
Based on personal experience, these are all scams. If you MUST have this, read the fine details first!! It's what is NOT covered is what will fail.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have owned Volvo's since 1967 and have put about 3 million miles on them and never had a CPO or an extended warranty. I have never had major out of pocket expense. I may be lucky, but I do perform great maintenance on my vehicles. I have never purchased a new Volvo. Having an auto tech background and having worked for automotive dealers I may have a car buying edge over most purchasers. I always do extensive research before making a purchase and then go over a potential purchase with a fine toothed comb. I agree with rhmorris, extended warranties are usually a rip off. I also feel that dealers are also a rip off. If you can not perform maintenance or repairs yourself, then I would suggest a good independant shop. My theory is: take care of your Volvo and it will take care of you. You may want to check for service bulletins and recalls for the Volvo you are purchasing. I assume you have a car fax on it too. Checking with the previous owner is a good also. 32K miles on a five year old vehicle sounds good, just be certain it is and good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts