SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an email from my dealer stating that the popular Safe & Secure plan is coming to an end soon (by end of year). That means new owners buying after that (January I would guess) won't get the complimentary 5 years of maintenance and wear and tear coverage. Thought I would pass it along for any undecided potential buyers. This plan is very competitive and helped me make the decision to buy my MY12 XC60 back in May.

·
Registered
19 Posts
this is awful! I have it for my MY 2013, but really not continuing it is a blow to volvo and its competitive-ness with other luxury brands like MB & BMW. tsk tsk volvo you should know better.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
this is awful! I have it for my MY 2013, but really not continuing it is a blow to volvo and its competitive-ness with other luxury brands like MB & BMW. tsk tsk volvo you should know better.

sounds like they didn't think it was making a dent in sales. I think it just wasn't offered long enough. I didn't know about the 5 year S+S until about a month ago, and the only reason I did, was because of the reviews on the new XC60 RD and S60 RD.

Seems to me they pulled the plug on the program too early. On the flip side - it has forced me to try and make my purchase before December vs some time in February.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's not a good sign, is it? One of the reasons I bought my XC60 last month. Oh well, having been a 10 year Saab owner/customer, I"m no stranger to Swedish car makers cutting programs due to lack of financial viability (or, in English, cutting stuff because we have to stem the bleeding ; )

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
We were happy to have the 3-year deal on our '10 XC60. Then, they bumped it up and folks began to expect the 4/50K or 5/50. They could go back to the 3 year plan and still attract customers AND they could make it non-transferable to save a few bucks down the road.

Our new RDX didn't have a maintenance plan included; but the Acura maintenance requirements are pretty easy. I bought the 3 year deal for about the cost of ONE Volvo 'big' check-up.

It'll be interesting to 'hear' if folks assume this policy is coming from the new ownership...could OSD be next?

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
That's not a good sign, is it? One of the reasons I bought my XC60 last month. Oh well, having been a 10 year Saab owner/customer, I"m no stranger to Swedish car makers cutting programs due to lack of financial viability (or, in English, cutting stuff because we have to stem the bleeding ; )
The money that will not be spent to support each car with Safe+Secure will be used to increase Volvo's advertising footprint plus ensure that more aggressive programs are offered year-round and not just once or twice per year. There is no bleeding to stem...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts