SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i've got a 95 855 turbo running the stock 9.5 psi now the snabb orange tune im looking at will bring it up to 14ish and ill gain like 40 hp now i talked to one of my buddys the other night and he said ill bend my rods with that much boost on stock internals but i argued back that as long as my boost curve is in the safe zone ill be fine, now i kinda need your guys help as to if ill be ok or if i should just stay away from that much boost

Andrew (teenager that likes boost)

oh and if anyone has a better tuning company that will be around the same price let me know! :D

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
it depends more on how you drive it, i guess. a sudden hard accelleration is what kills the rods, Ive driven a stock internals 2.3T with 19.5psi boost with no problem.

however you go about this, you need to be aware of the pitfalls. adjusting the wastegate and changing the base pressure can be enough to bend the rods, unless driven like it should. your car wont be a dragracer no matter what you do, so hard accelleration is kinda pointless. rule of thumb, if you spin out your wheels, you gave it too much. keep the wheels on the road, and you'll be golden, IMO atleast.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks mcshake, and yeah i know what you mean like i dont usually open it up(unless im going 25 then ill do a nice little 25 to 50 pull) but if i wanna pass someone off the line ill bring the revs up to like 4grandish but now that i was thinking about possibilities of bent rods, im thinking aqbout just getting the ard/snabb white tune, mostly cuz it brings my power and everything else up to the t5-r level but only a little bit more then do my exhaust and my ipd intake then my h&r springs after throwing 1 grand into my car itll be doing great and i wont be bending any rods ;) anyway man thanks for the advice :) and whats your barn exhaust mod?

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
my barn exhaust mod is more or less a straight translation from the norwegian equivalent, Ive gotten a few comments from the way I design my exhausts. love doing exhausts on NA cars, so easy to get a good sound. instead of the boatsize muffler just infront of the rear wheels, I have 2.5" piping with a small muffler on the end, makes for a pretty loud car. people hear me coming, so to speak. thats about it.:)

here you go, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear, floored pedal, and taken to about 5.5k revs. Im pretty happy:)

http://static.photobucket.com/playe...obucket.com/albums/v241/satanexp/a6489246.mp4

·
Registered
439 Posts
I love how my mostly stock 854R pulls, it's a great amount of power and makes passing as easy as flexing your big toe :). I also like not having to worry about the issues with pushing a 15 year old engine to it's limits. Go with the white tune or find an R ECU. With the intake and exhaust you will smile for miles.

Thomas, 20 something that loves boost :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mcshake- your car sounds pretty sweet ;) i like the little burble it gives going into second! hopefully when i do mine its just as a aggressive but a little more mean ;)

SWD850R- ok so im probabaly going to order the white tune, it says i need a mbc or an ebc (to crank up the boost) nowww i kinda am in a pickle, spend 70 bucks on a mbc then 80 more on a boost gauge to make sure i dont over boost at to soon of an rpm where i bend all my rods or invest in a ebc 250-400 dollars that will make it safe for me to just straight pown nubes from a start. mmeh i hate being 17 with low amounts of money and aspirations of high boost -_-

Andrew-boost addicted :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts