SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yannis, when I purchased my MY2012 in May, 2011, I was told the S & S plan was for 5 years, 60K miles. Cars purchased after July 2011 changed to 5 years, 50K miles. Can you confirm that my vin# in Volvo data base would support the 5/60K S & S? The reason for the question is, when I look at the web discription of S & S, there is no mention of cars sold with the 5year/60k program. Also, the last complimentary scheduled maintenance is at 45K miles, which would seem odd if the S & S runs on to 60K miles.

I can't find anything about this in my sales paperwork, although I am sure they must have provided something.

Thanks, Johnny

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Hello Johnny,

First of all, you never supplied your VIN. :p

Anyway, I do not have access to VINs in your area. The best way to find out what sort of S+S coverage you have is to go to your Volvo retailer and ask a Service Advisor to run a Warranty Inquiry. The resulting print out will tell you what you have qualified for. It is all based on when your car was reported sold in the Volvo system.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is my Vin: YV1622FS9C2036085. I called sales mgr where I bought the car. He agreed with my assumption on the S & S. He said since it was a "promotion", it may not show up that way in the service data base.

Shouldn't these promotions be in the Volvo database?

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I had a similar question on my 2011 purchased in August of 2011 since the
documentation/manuals did not seem to indicate 5year/60,000 miles. I sent
the VIN to Volvo Customer Care and they quickly replied back that it was covered
as 5 year/60K. In fact they said the 5/50K is in effect starting January 2012 so
it seems to be based on purchase date and not necessarily the model year. But
you should still check for your specific car. Email them using this form (you can also
call but I prefer the email record):

http://www.volvocars.com/us/footer/contactus/Pages/VolvoCustomerCare.aspx

I would also check with the dealer to see if they give the same answer :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Here is my Vin: YV1622FS9C2036085. I called sales mgr where I bought the car. He agreed with my assumption on the S & S. He said since it was a "promotion", it may not show up that way in the service data base.

Shouldn't these promotions be in the Volvo database?

Thanks again

Here's what comes up...
Eligible for: Complimentary FSM236 (first 4 services)

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Here's what comes up...
Eligible for: Complimentary FSM236 (first 4 services)
He needs to contact his Sales Manager who, in turn, will need to contact the Volvo Field Manager in that part of Texas to verify that this car has S+S and make amends in the warranty system. The system reflects S+S coverage; I am not sure why this car is not showing that.

·
Registered
14,007 Posts
Why would it show on the computer as only 4 services being covered?

So, 7.5, 15, 22.5, and 30 but not the 37.5, 45, etc.?

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Why would it show on the computer as only 4 services being covered?

So, 7.5, 15, 22.5, and 30 but not the 37.5, 45, etc.?
Probably system glitch. This car is not showing S+S coverage....just the regular FSM.

·
Registered
369 Posts
He needs to contact his Sales Manager who, in turn, will need to contact the Volvo Field Manager in that part of Texas to verify that this car has S+S and make amends in the warranty system. The system reflects S+S coverage; I am not sure why this car is not showing that.
That'll do the trick

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
What? You can get a car added into Safe and Secure? When I asked about it, they said I don't get crap and everything maintenance related will be out of my pocket.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
When purchased, some of the information that the car is covered was omitted from Volvo's database
(for whatever reason) and they are fixing it. It was an oversight.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
What? You can get a car added into Safe and Secure? When I asked about it, they said I don't get crap and everything maintenance related will be out of my pocket.
Canadian cars do not get S+S.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Canadian cars do not get S+S.
We get "Carefree Coverage". Again, some cars were left out for some reason. Fleet cars and European delivery vehicles were also inelgible. It's best to check with your Salesperson or Sales Manager.

·
Registered
620 Posts
We get "Carefree Coverage". Again, some cars were left out for some reason. Fleet cars and European delivery vehicles were also inelgible. It's best to check with your Salesperson or Sales Manager.
For the 2012 model year, carefree was implemented later in the year. Fevruary 2012 I believe. Before that, you are screwed. Of course, without carefree, the Volvo is not such a good deal anymore.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just received this e-mail from Volvo Customer Car after several e-mails back and forth:

"I am sorry for the confusion your vehicle in fact is covered under the Safe and Secure 5 year / 60,000 mile warranty, you are correct. From 1/4/2011 to 6/30/11 for model year 2012 vehicle purchased between this time frame are covered under the 5 / 60 warranty."

Thanks everyone for their help on this, especially you, Yannis.

Johnny

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
:thumbup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts