SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Sadly Leaving the R family

5K views 51 replies 21 participants last post by  Oceans60R 
#1 ·
Well, circumstances are such that I will need to sell the R. Just getting the final cleanup done , making sure it will be in perfect selling condition.

When I throw it up on ebay...Ill send out word. SHould be an easy easy sell cosidering the condition, history of who this car was made for and the price.

Not sure of the replacement yet.... maybe an AMG or M series

#4 ·
Re: (cmurphy2266)

Quote, originally posted by cmurphy2266 »
Maybe someday Volvo will come out with a performance model that will make you want to come back.

I've got 45,000 miles on my 2007. I normally replace at 90,000. I know Volvo won't have one by then, so I will give Volvo (or whomever Volvo may be) 3 or 4 years. If not, then I'll be looking elsewhere also. oclv

#7 ·
Re: Sadly Leaving the R family (fergs60r)

Quote, originally posted by fergs60r »
SHould be an easy easy sell cosidering the condition, history of who this car was made for

Unless it was made for Elvis or Obama's dog, I don't see any extra value.

Although I'm sure there will be a famous crotch sniffer somewhere out there for anything.

#8 ·

Is it just me or was that a very odd message...

Statements like "circumstances are such that I will need to sell the R..." are usually accompanied by things like someone's inability continue maintaining or paying for their car (e.g., loss of job), or adding a 3rd or 4th kid to the family, thereby necessitating a bigger car (e.g., big honkin' SUV or Minivan).

Statements like "not sure of the replacement yet... maybe an AMG or M series" -- when it comes to the R, are usually accompanied with an interest in trading up for any number of reasons.

So, out of curiosity, do you need to sell or just want to sell...or is it that you need to now and hope, someday in the distant future when the time is right for you that the replacement will be an AMG or M? Either way, best of luck with your new car...whatever it might be.

-Eric

#11 ·
Re: (58ford)

Quote, originally posted by 58ford »
WHOS IT FRIGGIN MADE FOR???????????

LOL, dayumm.

Yeah, I'm sure if the R was made for himself, he wouldn't be so arrogant as to say "considering this R was made for me, it will fetch good $ or sell more quickly", even if he is a really nice guy

#12 ·

SHould be an easy easy sell cosidering the condition, history of who this car was made for and the price.

When you say "who this car was made for", are you referring to having the dealer order it to spec? Your R, while nice, does not seem to be very special considering the equipment you have listed in your sig. A ti/nordkap R with body kit is not all that uncommon, and your mods are bolt ons that anyone has access to. If someone famous did order your car specifically, just be sure to have a lot documentation for proof, otherwise it would be just like George Costanza ending up with "John Voight's car".

#13 ·
Re: Sadly Leaving the R family (I Roll)

For some time, Ahmet Zappa (or someone pretending to be him) was on this board but that was a long time ago and his car would have been older...oh, and it was a V70R.

Regardless, unless Elvis owned the R in question, whomever ordered the car might be a cool tidbit in its history but it's not likely to get a seller much in the form of cash.

-Eric

#15 ·
Whatever he gets or doesn't get for a specially ordered/built R (If that's even the case here), I think there is simply some curiosity about the R. I know I am simply curious about what makes it special. I'm hardly going to chime in and say "Yeah, forget about your R being special", after all, I'm not in the market for an R at the moment.

#16 ·
Re: Sadly Leaving the R family (JoeLvo)

Maybe Britney Spears farted in it and you can still smell the stench.
That might make someone interested. Especially the guy who bought her fart in a jar on ebay.
Or maybe there's a nice stain of some kind like Monica Lewinsky's dress.

#19 ·
Re: Sadly Leaving the R family (Sue Esponte)

Quote, originally posted by Sue Esponte »
Is it just me or was that a very odd message...

It wasn't you.

#21 ·
Re: Sadly Leaving the R family (JoeLvo)

Quote, originally posted by JoeLvo »
What is it with the negativity on the R board lately, geez. Get a grip folks, that's what the OTF is for

Ehh...

THIS;
"When I throw it up on ebay...Ill send out word. Should be an easy easy sell cosidering the condition, history of who this car was made for
and the price."

without any backup was just asking for it, wouldn't you agree?
Nice spelling too... http://********************/smile/emthdown.gif

#23 ·

interesting and colorfull responces...guess i can draft some answers now that I am back......
That would be a REAL GOOD idea

#24 ·
Re: Sadly Leaving the R family (JRL)

Quote, originally posted by JRL »

Ehh...

THIS;
When I throw it up on ebay...Ill send out word. Should be an easy easy sell cosidering the condition, history of who this car was made for and the price.

without any backup was just asking for it, wouldn't you agree?

Asking for what, exactly?

#25 ·
Re: Sadly Leaving the R family (JRL)

I'm not sure if one's allowed to comment on JRL's grammar, but I think my English teacher would have provided the following corrections.

That would be a REAL, GOOD idea

or

That would be a REALLY GOOD idea

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.