SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed yesterday that now when my 2018 S90 T8 is fully charged I have one less mile available on my battery life. I currently have 13k miles on the car

Has anyone else experienced this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
No.

Given we are in late spring, near early summer and you're in Texas to boot, I assume you've ruled weather out aka cold starts? I think that's been the only delta I've seen with mine at almost 8k miles. Also, this shouldn't make a difference either, but make sure you're also comparing the same drive mode, for example my car starts up at 21 miles in the dash in hybrid and when I switch to pure it bumps to 23 miles. Last thing to check would be to ensure your charger is not regulating at the upper battery charge percentage.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Since you brought up this, I see 17/(19 if change to pure mode) miles on my XC60 T8 at start now at 15k miles. It was 18/20 last Spring. But the software was updated so it is somehow different.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No.

Given we are in late spring, near early summer and you're in Texas to boot, I assume you've ruled weather out aka cold starts? I think that's been the only delta I've seen with mine at almost 8k miles. Also, this shouldn't make a difference either, but make sure you're also comparing the same drive mode, for example my car starts up at 21 miles in the dash in hybrid and when I switch to pure it bumps to 23 miles. Last thing to check would be to ensure your charger is not regulating at the upper battery charge percentage.
Yep! Pure mode used to be at 23 and Hybrid mode at 21.

How do you check the charger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
How do you check the charger?
Which charger are you using? If it's the Turbocord provided with the vehicle it should not be an issue. Some other version I believe have settings that can be adjusted which is what to look for. For example my JuiceNet allows me to limit the amount of battery charge applied.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts