SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with their driver side seat squeaking? i've taken my car to the dealership twice and both times they werent able to replicate it. Its the weirdest thing the seat can be squeaking all the way to the dealership then the minute i get out the car grab the service tech to show him the noise is gone. The first time i took it to volvo the service tech did hear it and even he said, "wow that is loud", but when the tech went to examine it the noise was not there

here is a video, excuse the angle but its pointed at the back rest of the seat.
https://youtu.be/Xn3txHBYjyM

This is getting really annoying.

·
Registered
338 Posts
My problem isn’t squeaky seats, it’s literally that both front seats “rock” slightly under weight transition and “pop”!!! The dealer replicates it, but can’t seem to fix it. I’m 6’-6” and weight about 250, and honestly, I’m about the only one with enough mass to make them do that. I guess I exceed Volvo’s design tolerances!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Has anyone had any experience with their driver side seat squeaking? i've taken my car to the dealership twice and both times they werent able to replicate it. Its the weirdest thing the seat can be squeaking all the way to the dealership then the minute i get out the car grab the service tech to show him the noise is gone. The first time i took it to volvo the service tech did hear it and even he said, "wow that is loud", but when the tech went to examine it the noise was not there

here is a video, excuse the angle but its pointed at the back rest of the seat.
https://youtu.be/Xn3txHBYjyM

This is getting really annoying.
Are you buckled up? My buckle makes squeaky noises when it it create tension against the leather. It’s fixable with a strip of the soft side of Velcro.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Show them the video when you be at the dealer they dont need to replicate or call volvo direct and tell them whats going on and they will replace the seat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's an odd one. I haven't experienced anything like that in mine. Maybe those flange nuts that could be missing on that recall that my dealership seems to know nothing about?

Now the rattle that comes from my Intellisafe is a different story...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well got the car back from the dealership and the squeeking seems to be fixed. They took apart the back of the seat and found some worn clips in the back shell, which they replaced. They also found some loose springs on the left bolster which they adjusted, so far so good. Now the squeek from the rear courtesy light is more prevalent. I took it apart and wrapped both the assembly and where the chrome clips on and it did help quite a bit. They still can't seem to fix the driver side side mirror that shudders when it spreads.
Ive never had to take a vehicle for warranty work as much as this car, jeez.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts