SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I was wondering if any Volvo owners have this problem. I noticed today after owning this S90 for about a year that the rear window on the passenger side has a smudge that looks like its embedded inside the glass. It looks like when you clean your windows with a squeegee and didn't quite clean it completely leaving a residual streak. I've tried cleaning it off with glass cleaners, vinegar, fine scrub pad, on both interior and exterior. Nothing removes it. The area is smooth and smudge appears as if inside the glass. The car is under warranty and I plan on on taking it to the dealer. I don't drive this car often and noticed this smudge when I was detailing it. Just curious if anyone else has ran into this problem.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Hello,
I was wondering if any Volvo owners have this problem. I noticed today after owning this S90 for about a year that the rear window on the passenger side has a smudge that looks like its embedded inside the glass. It looks like when you clean your windows with a squeegee and didn't quite clean it completely leaving a residual streak. I've tried cleaning it off with glass cleaners, vinegar, fine scrub pad, on both interior and exterior. Nothing removes it. The area is smooth and smudge appears as if inside the glass. The car is under warranty and I plan on on taking it to the dealer. I don't drive this car often and noticed this smudge when I was detailing it. Just curious if anyone else has ran into this problem.
Is the smudge circular shaped?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Is the smudge circular shaped?
I had circular "marks" on the windshield, which didn't want to wash off or clean off, using the usual window cleaners. Almost like suction cup marks from holding/replacing the windshield. The dealer gave me a can of "Sprayway" foam glass cleaner which helped. But it finally took about 6 months of brushless car washes to finally removed the marks. Just thought I'd toss that in....

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
I had circular "marks" on the windshield, which didn't want to wash off or clean off, using the usual window cleaners. Almost like suction cup marks from holding/replacing the windshield. The dealer gave me a can of "Sprayway" foam glass cleaner which helped. But it finally took about 6 months of brushless car washes to finally removed the marks. Just thought I'd toss that in....
Ok yea. I was wondering if that was what you had.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Maybe early momentum models didnt had them but inscription models deff all have them in US by default.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I took the S90 to the Volvo dealership today. Apparently the glass was tinted at the dealer. When it was tinted the adhesive from a sticker was not properly removed; leaving a film of that adhesive sandwiched between the glass and tint. I'll have to take the car back to them when their tinting person is there at the service department to have it removed and redone.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Also remember no ammonia-based cleaners with tint, I was almost going to ask if it was tinted until the last post said it was. Sounds like you found the problem. I can see you scrubbing through the tint. "there now it's clean", and more light comes through. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts