·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a Chinese website these images of some S90 scale models have been posted:

·
Registered
415 Posts
I really can't believe how critical and final people are being with their opinions on a car model that's smaller than 3 inches.

And someone made the point that those wheels look bad from the original forum.... they're probably really close to the concept in the flesh. Go figure :facepalm:

·
Registered
347 Posts
I noted some very favorable comments on Autoblog.com after the S90 scale model front end image was posted today. Then I followed the link to see the image of the rear end of the tiny model. I am hoping the model maker guessed wrong as the tail light styling lacks the flair of Volvo tail lights. Oversize blobby taillights are what one would expect on timid committee-designed budget cars. Hopefully, Volvo will surprise us with something better looking.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Well do you know when? And might they at least show us some pics of the tail light to allay the fears of those who commented to the scaled model.
I've heard from some sources that the scale models aren't 100% correct, the real deal is supposedly much more "breathtaking" :)

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Khaled you are really teasing us here, I'm dying to see the final design. Some observations:

1- the side profile, especially the horizontal line that runs along from the front all the way to the back seems very sharp
2- the front end seems quite low, which is super sexy IMO
3- the front wheel is very close to the front edge while the rear overhang looks quite long, this may or may not look great but I sure hope the boot is big enough (at least 500 litres)
4- the roof looks very high, particularly compared to the lowish window line, almost like a dome; it will definately look unique but I'm not sure if it be pretty, generally sloping rooflines look better

EDIT: I forgot that the car is covered in body panels for camouflage, so only the first 3 observations would probably stay true. I really like how the front overhang is extremely short:thumbup:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Looks like the next to last photo under the cover still shows the signature Volvo "shoulders" on the rear quarters.
Cannot wait.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Pretty sure that's just an artists rendering in those magazine shots.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts