SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
4,637 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Also NYT article has inaccuracy regarding the first Volvo plant in North America - for years there was one in Halifax NS - and last check that was part of North America :)

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Hah, you mean the 51st state (Canada)? Yeah, sometimes the US press forget there is land north of the 49th parallel. :)

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Also NYT article has inaccuracy regarding the first Volvo plant in North America - for years there was one in Halifax NS - and last check that was part of North America :)
C'mon, that was 40 years ago and was not generally known

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
40 years ago? Opened in the early 1960's - closed in Dec 1998 (about 17 years ago).

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Pure speculation....the NY Times has no idea of the pricing. Likely it hasn't even been decided by Volvo 100% at this time......
Correct. Pricing has not been announced, yet. Should be announced by late February or early March.

In the meantime, the ordering system for the S90 has officially opened up. You can go to a Volvo retailer and place an order; they have all the trim levels/options available.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is good timing for dealers to order some stock cars so when people visit them and ask for price info they can see some real cars.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
It is good timing for dealers to order some stock cars so when people visit them and ask for price info they can see some real cars.

Only sold orders can be processed at this time. Stock allocations will be provided a little later.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds pretty hard to see customers pre-order before knowing the price. Much easier to produce some dealer stock and demo cars first.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Sounds pretty hard to see customers pre-order before knowing the price. Much easier to produce some dealer stock and demo cars first.

Any competent dealer should be able to give a ballpark based on the XC90. And many customers put in an order before the car is officially on sale, so that they will get one of the first allocations.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
does anyone know of a dealer that is currently taking orders?
All retailers should be able to take orders...I know some Southern California retailers already have pre-orders in the system.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Not related to U.S. pricing but I noticed the technical section from the Finnish price list that the 254 hp T5 is now twin turbo? Haven't seen that mentioned anywhere else so I'm guessing it's a typo or has Volvo really upgraded the engine?

·
Registered
985 Posts
All retailers should be able to take orders...I know some Southern California retailers already have pre-orders in the system.
What's the lag time for R-design?

·
Registered
770 Posts
That puts it, what, about on par with an XC90? It's hard to compare it to anything because you can no longer configure an S80 T6. That and I'm not used to looking at numbers that big...

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
That puts it, what, about on par with an XC90? It's hard to compare it to anything because you can no longer configure an S80 T6. That and I'm not used to looking at numbers that big...
That price (for the Momentum or even Inscription) is deceiving. if you pay attention, it is a Momentum PLUS w/ all the packages (Vision, Convenience, etc).

The initial cars will be highly spec'd, hence the "higher" prices.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts