955 Posts
Please have it sent to...

Looks great!

·
Registered
2021 XC60 Inscription Denim Blue, T5, Prancing Moose, AWD, Climate,
1,843 Posts
Sweet.

I was waiting for 100% confirmation that it would be there before picking up tickets.

I will be going but probably not until the second (final) weekend after the crowds die down a bit.

I might can make a day trip to one of our offices that is across from Cobo Hall. But I rarely get down to that office and have no foreseeable need to be there during the week.

But I will be there for sure to see it.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Just revealed on Edmunds.com
T8 version Looks good but I'd do BLONDE interior. I would have to see the REAR in person. Just not a fan of tail lamp integration :rolleyes::p

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Not the best pics and not a ton of them but this is what I shot this morning...

Went in with the wife, who had seen pics online months ago. She was excited about it initially and that subsided as she thought it would be a long car (like an old Lincoln Town Car). She wasn't wanting something long like that so had convinced herself that she would likely wait for the new S60.

Well, after seeing the S90, she doesn't want to wait. She will be taking an S90. Maybe wait for a year to see how they turn out and probably do an OSD, if that's available.

There was also an XC90 and an XC60 as well as an S60CC there.

And while the Volvo space had a lot of extra room in the area, I think it was well done and not overstated. Very Swedish display. Lots of comfy seats to sit at and relax as well.

There was also a Concept 26 display, a Drive-E display and a Bowers & Wilkins display in the space.

I thought the entire display was put together well.

·
Registered
134 Posts
"Well, after seeing the S90, she doesn't want to wait. She will be taking an S90"

Nice! What were her impressions and any particular reasons she wants it? Curious what color she is thinking about. How much of a car nut/driver is she?

While the looks of the s90 have grown on me, I've decided I want a smaller, but very powerful car. The concept coupe would be very appealing, although not the most practical option - but I am in a "me time" phase, so am rationalizing that kind of choice.

I also want a manual transmission, but may be forced to compromise on that point.

Did you see anything else at the show that looked exciting?

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
Hopefully there will be an all gasoline twin 2.0 engine with a shared crank.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
"Well, after seeing the S90, she doesn't want to wait. She will be taking an S90"

Nice! What were her impressions and any particular reasons she wants it? Curious what color she is thinking about. How much of a car nut/driver is she?

While the looks of the s90 have grown on me, I've decided I want a smaller, but very powerful car. The concept coupe would be very appealing, although not the most practical option - but I am in a "me time" phase, so am rationalizing that kind of choice.

I also want a manual transmission, but may be forced to compromise on that point.

Did you see anything else at the show that looked exciting?
Well, she is a lead foot. Moreso than most women, I'd say.

She does not like having to "wait" on other folks and prefers to just blow past them in her car.

But she definitely wants the S90. She's partially lusted after it for some time. She thought it suited her as opposed to the S60 she was hoping to get when it came out. I think she wants a little more backseat room. Not that either of us need it that often.

She despises beige/tan interiors so it'll be a dark interior. Grey/Black only.

Until NAIAS, she was set on the pretty white--I'd have to look closely. I can tell the difference visually but can't recall which is which.

But now after seeing the Mussel Blue that is in the pics above, I think she wants that color.

Knowing her, chances are good that whatever colors they have in stock that day will be the choices she's made on what's ordered. She likes a lot of the colors but is easily swayed depending on what she's looking at currently.

edit: I forgot to answer this, we didn't look at anything else at NAIAS. We only went to look at the S90. We see a lot of these designs daily. We just wanted to look closely at the S90 since it was here and we don't get to see Volvo designs daily.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Haha! Does she post here? She should, lord knows this place could use a little more estrogen. ;)

I think I might like that blue too, if I were getting one of those. Will be interesting to see in person.

·
Registered
336 Posts
videos from the show

here's one for Mercedes E, a competitor for some buyers
I think S90 in overall way more elegant vehicle than E class, even back. Just look the e class on movie from 45 to 50 second, nothing special and very generic. Well S90 back is a little different some will say odd, but at least it is unique in class.

Btw Is there any pictures/movies for S90 with black/dark interior combined with dark wood?

·
Registered
707 Posts
I toured the Volvo display during the show. Flew in from Nor Cal. The XC90 was mobbed. Folks clearly love it. I spent my time sitting in and looking at the two S90's with several friends. One of them recently purchased an XC90 Momentum - his very first Volvo. Feedback from my friends on the S90: "nice, but for the price I might as well have an XC90 with more space".

My wife drives a Jaguar XJ. I was hoping the S90 might be a good option for her next sedan. She needs a vehicle for business that folks appreciate and enjoy riding in.

Unfortunately, the S90 is too understated for someone who already drives a Jag. It doesn't have the "second glance" reaction that an XJ has on folks. The backend / tail lights need more work - especially when you compare it to an XJ. Maybe the next refresh will add more elegance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts