SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
OK, I give up. I want one regardless of my misgivings about the rear end. We'll see how I feel about it after the 18th, though. Volvo has a long-standing tradition of designing wagons to look even better than their sedan counterparts which I think may be making a come-back.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks OP, I've never read one of those before. And now I can't unsee the "bottom feeder catfish mouth".

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
OK, I give up. I want one regardless of my misgivings about the rear end. We'll see how I feel about it after the 18th, though. Volvo has a long-standing tradition of designing wagons to look even better than their sedan counterparts which I think may be making a come-back.
It honestly looks better in person on the S90, IMO.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Thanks OP, I've never read one of those before. And now I can't unsee the "bottom feeder catfish mouth".
Perhaps these will help you focus on something else, and appreciate the Volvo that much more ;) :

The Japanese luxury car designers really are losing their minds these days. They can't decide if they are creating for 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea or Star Wars...

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's funny you post that. I own a 2014 GS 350 FSport. It has one of the earlier iterations of the "spindle" grille and has a horizontal bar bisecting the middle. I think it looks nice. I saw the new car this weekend at the car show, which has aped the IS with the larger grille, no bisecting line, and DRL strips divorced from the headlight units.

It's a freaking mess.

My wife and I said...well, good thing I didn't want another one. As there's no way I'd buy it looking like that.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Ha. The other day I had a coworker tell me how much he wanted a Lexus NX as his next car. It was all I could do to nod and back away slowly.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts