SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
MFW you can add a big lip spoiler and chrome "body kit" along with 21" rims on an S90.....

·
Registered
760 Posts
That is one ugly butt :( !!!

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
..butt it has personality ;), and more than I can say for its competition. The design maintains the Volvo night time light show of recent years also... a good thing.

yawn #1

yawn #2

yawn #3

yawn #4? the Jag is less boring than the others, but it being "real" competition for the Volvo is debatable.

·
Registered
760 Posts
..butt it has personality ;), and more than I can say for its competition. The design maintains the Volvo night time light show of recent years also... a good thing.
Of course, butts are very personal but I prefer yawn #1, 2, 3, or 4 over S90's flat wide butt.

·
Registered
2021 XC60 Inscription Denim Blue, T5, Prancing Moose, AWD, Climate,
1,843 Posts
Of course, butts are very personal but I prefer yawn #1, 2, 3, or 4 over S90's flat wide butt.
Definitely a personal preference but the MB and BMW are pretty fugly imo. Hate that bolted on at the last minute look.

At least the Audi and Jag have some design themes going on with them. Same with the S90, IMO.

Personally, I wished they'd have just extended the lower curve/lip that's going inward all the way across the trunk to the other side.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Personally, I wished they'd have just extended the lower curve/lip that's going inward all the way across the trunk to the other side.
+1
I've noticed a lot of sedans "cut out" the trunk, as opposed to keeping the lines continuous across the back and bumper (see yawns #1-4). On the S90 there is not even a need to keep a flat space for a license plate. I wonder if there a practical reason for that, or if is it all aesthetics.

·
Registered
760 Posts
just for curosity. How many times do you look at the back of your car while driving?;)
Good point but I like to look good when other people see it ... I think women can identify with that. :cool:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Uf Volvo is way better than others. My taste, but c'mon people, do you really prefer generic german butts over the S90?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
So I saw a 5 series on the way home in front of me.

Warning: If you don't know what I'm talking about do yourself a favor and don't look this up. You have been warned.

Well, seeing this and the tail lights, suddenly I was reminded of goatse. :eek:

The license plate area being the grab area.

Now I can't unsee what I saw. :( :(

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
today i was at the autoshow and took a look at the s90 . for some reason volvo only had 3 cars out today .
I won't be going until next weekend (not this weekend). Did you see anything on Concept 26?

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
today i was at the autoshow and took a look at the s90 . for some reason volvo only had 3 cars out today .
It is a common practice for manufacturers, when they launch a new model, to only have 1-3 models on stage during Press days. When the show opens up to the public, the entire line up will be there.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Err, the Mercedes, Jaguar, and Audi are definitely uglier. The 5-Series has a nice rear design, even if the front and side look very bloated. Though, I will say that the S90's rear design took me a minute to warm up to it, in some photos/video it looks better than others though.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems tight in the plate area for a US height plate without it overlapping the curve in the lip. The Euro plates always look nice of course.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
just for curosity. How many times do you look at the back of your car while driving?;)
Actually, if you drive an Audi, BMW, or Mercedes, you see your butt everywhere on the road. Their entire sedan line-ups share near the same design. I give points to Volvo fit being unique, and it will be exclusive for quite awhile, until sales pick up of course. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
228 Posts
Its a forum to share our thoughts, right?

Yeah as much as I have liked my Volvo, its a 2002 S60 AWD I bought new. I actually had bought a second one a couple years ago, thinking of replacing the current one. It was a 2004 S60R but it got too much unwanted attention (95% negative) which I am too old to bother with so I sold it. It was flash/atacama, I just didnt find the R something for me, I am not looking for anything fast, I'm the slow person that you zing around.

I wanted to really like this because I am at about 200k on my car and will eventually need to replace it (hate to spend the money though) and I cant for the life of me think of a replacement that I really really want. Knowing that I will keep the next one 15 years (if it can do it) also, I need something that has a fighting chance. The only thing that really has me looking at Volvo again is the fact that mine will not rust in Erie PA, how did they do that! There is some rust on the rocker panel, but I am realized that it is my fault. It is from years of my kicking the snow of my shoes, it drove the edge of the black rocker covers into the paint and eventually chipped the paint off. Actually it is bad enough now that I really need to pull the plastic and grind it down and paint it before it is too late.

OK anyway....I like the front end quite a bit (It seems I might be in the minority), but man after the cowl it is all negative to me. For me the rear quarter windows, C-pillar, and taillights just spoil it. I'm wondering If the enthusiast community isn't sure it looks good, what the general (and majority of buyers) will think of it. I agree the Audi is dated at this point, but I personally like the other 3. I realistically am in the 2014-2015 S60 T5 AWD buyer, but in that case I keep wondering what the S60 replacement will be, and if I can keep my old one chugging along while I wait (original transmission, it has to be near the end).

My S60 has been pretty great, so hoping to land into some newer Volvo (AWD is important for me in Erie). My family is always buying new cars and it is killing them that I am still clutching onto my old Volvo (no one else has a Volvo), so this gives me an excuse to wait longer :p

1 - 20 of 26 Posts