SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
103 Posts
Nice find.

I do not understand the language, but I guess they are saying Volvo is using a turbo version of the V8 with 400-480 horsepower (or is it the 07 inline six with turbo, 285 horsepower?) and a 0-100km in less than 6 seconds (5.x). Is that correct? Can somebody translate?

Terrific news

Modified by lvertvel at 1:21 AM 4-25-2006

Modified by lvertvel at 1:21 AM 4-25-2006

· Registered
101 Posts
Re: (lvertvel)

I´m just going to translate the most important parts.

They say Volvo test a R version of the new S80. It will use Volvo's V8 with twin-turbos producing 400 to 480 horsepower. They also develop a twin-turbo version of the new Si6 engine that will produce somwhere around 300 horsepower.

The V8 is probably a 5 second car, they have seen a couple of extremely fast Volvos in Gothenburg.
And the S80R will have an updated version of Four-C. And there are rumours about the interior as well. It said something about carbonfiber, but I don't trust this until Volvo presents an official press release.

// Martin

· Registered
10,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (T5_awd)

Quote, originally posted by T5_awd »
Yannis? I can buy the ketchup for your laptop!

Hehehe http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
8,830 Posts

Yannis? I can buy the ketchup for your laptop!

I wouln't be planning to serve a dish of crow just yet. Does anyone remember the V10 S80?

· Registered
2,020 Posts
Re: (VolvoMax)

Quote, originally posted by VolvoMax »

I wouln't be planning to serve a dish of crow just yet. Does anyone remember the V10 S80?

That would be the RS

I'm not sure either but who knows...
And they are talking abouth 18" and 19" wheels but on the pictures it's 17"... would the current R brakes be enough?

· Registered
8,830 Posts
Re: (BenES)

Quote, originally posted by BenES »

That would be the RS

I'm not sure either but who knows...
And they are talking abouth 18" and 19" wheels but on the pictures it's 17"... would the current R brakes be enough?

Clearly they aren't testing a complete drivetrain.
In fact, that car may just be a regular test vehicle.

· Registered
2,305 Posts

Clearly they aren't testing a complete drivetrain.
In fact, that car may just be a regular test vehicle.

I've read about people who saw one i Göteborg. And it's faaaaaast.

· Premium Member
39,081 Posts

Max,

let them rejoice...they do not know what they are talking about...

Yannis

· Premium Member
39,081 Posts

I've read about people who saw one i Göteborg. And it's faaaaaast.

Yeah, I also remember about the S80 T6 they used to test, back in the mid-90s...inline six with TWO HIGH PRESSURE turbos...all the pundits used to get excited at the (then) 325-hp car. I see that this "car" made it to production...

Yannis

· Registered
2,964 Posts
If anything I would guess this to be a mule for a future S60R in the absence of a new P1 based S60 body being available for testing. I just don't see a S80R in the absence of the S60R...unlesss those rumors of the S60 going away for a few years are true...

· Registered
8,830 Posts
Re: (GrecianVolvo)

Quote, originally posted by GrecianVolvo »

Yeah, I also remember about the S80 T6 they used to test, back in the mid-90s...inline six with TWO HIGH PRESSURE turbos...all the pundits used to get excited at the (then) 325-hp car. I see that this "car" made it to production...

Yannis

Yup, probably shouldn't say anything about the S60 V8 mule running around AZ.

· Registered
2,305 Posts
Re: (GrecianVolvo)

Quote, originally posted by GrecianVolvo »

Yannis

Ah, you are just angry because you will have to eat your laptop

· Registered
2,964 Posts
Re: (Majisto)

Make no doubt about it, my R or V8 would be a better driving/handling experience if you chopped the power in half AND the weight in half. The weight is what really hurts from a performanc perspective.

Quote, originally posted by Majisto »
What about an S40R? Small quick cars are much more popular than larger ones. A V-8 AWD is already going to be plenty fast. Even in a heavy S80.

· Registered
11,962 Posts

Yup, probably shouldn't say anything about the S60 V8 mule running around AZ.

Yes you should!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.