SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A rainy November Saturday afternoon is a good time to share a few photos. This interior was available through the OSD program starting starting with the 2012 model year.

The passenger door panel (the door handle is illuminated at night)

Rear seating and a glimpse of the exterior color.

A closeup image of the featherline trim with oblique brush marks as one might notice on a feather.

·
Registered
723 Posts
awsome colors, both in and out.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Nothing like Red Leather!

·
3,391 Posts
That is a gorgeous interior color. I'd love to have that in mine. I think it would compliment the Ember Black exterior color very well.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gorgeous interior color. I find it both soothing and invigorating at the same time. Classy, understated, elegant. Do you have any pictures you can share of the exterior? Very rare color on an S80.
Thanks Synesis. Scroll down to the S80 custom wrap thread here to see a few exterior photos. Flamenco Red was an OSD only exterior paint option.

·
3,391 Posts
When I had my car into the Volvo dealership for service a few weeks ago, they had one exactly like yours in the Flamenco Red with the Sangiovese Red interior! It was an OSD car as well. Someone out there has the same taste as you!

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
IMO red with red interior is hideous especially when they don't match.
You may as well buy a Corvette in that color combo, at least the exterior and the interiors are a close match!
Black/red
Silver/red
Grey/red
White/red
All of those are nice combinations

·
3,391 Posts
You may as well buy a Corvette in that color combo, at least the exterior and the interiors are a close match!
Black/red
Silver/red
Grey/red
White/red
All of those combinations are striking. Audi makes a limited edition S8 in 2003 that is a color called Avus Silver with a brick red interior. Avus silver is very similar to Volvo's polar blue. I really like that color combination. However, my opinion shouldn't mean much as I'm pretty darned color blind.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Black/red
Silver/red
Grey/red
White/red
I cringe when I see white cars with bright red interiors....we all have our esthetic biases.

If Volvo had offered chocolate brown or natural tan leather we would have jumped on it. Stock monochrome interiors are dull. Caper green was my second exterior color choice but that combo was just too eccentric for my spouse.

Some folks want safe neutral colors and others want something with more individuality.

·
3,391 Posts
I cringe when I see white cars with bright red interiors....we all have our esthetic biases.

If Volvo had offered chocolate brown or natural tan leather we would have jumped on it. Stock monochrome interiors are dull. Caper green was my second exterior color choice but that combo was just too eccentric for my spouse.

Some folks want safe neutral colors and others want something with more individuality.
I totally agree. I just love two tone interiors, or monotone interiors with contrasting piping on the seats. My mother has an XC60 which has a two tone sandstone and espresso interior, and it is absolutely stunning.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Where to get Seat Covers for S80?

I totally agree. I just love two tone interiors, or monotone interiors with contrasting piping on the seats. My mother has an XC60 which has a two tone sandstone and espresso interior, and it is absolutely stunning.

Hi guys, beautiful interiors. We just got a volvo S80 2011. Interior is Sandstone Beige. I looked all over ebay for seat covers to protect the seats but those look loose fitting.

Without being too gawdy, I wonder if there are car seat covers for our volvo that looks like this

Where can you get good seat covers? Good looking seat covers that doesnt' cost an arm and a leg?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome to the S80 discussion forum. For the S80 Amazon lists assorted 17 piece leatherette seat cover sets in various colors for $29.95. The price seems too low so I doubt that they would be satisfactory. If your leather is in poor condition you could find a reputable car upholstery shop and have them repair or change what you want to hide with covers. Cleaning and conditioning sandstone beige leather can make it a lot cleaner and softer.

Open a new thread or do a search on leather seating to find out how others here have updated their Volvo seats.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts