SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, first of all I am new to the forums and probably the youngest member here, so me being the "little guy" I have alot of questions about the s80...so I hope you can all bare with me in the future.

Has anyone seen an s80 (or any volvo for this fact) used in any aspect for Police or Fire? Ie. lights, sirens, strobes.

The reason I am asking is because I am a fire fighter and medic and would like to make it an emergency vehicle as to be able to respond to calls in my own personal vehicle. I would like to do this without taking away from the design or prestige of the car.

Maybe someone in this forum has seen a volvo used in this way or maybe ya'll have some ideas.
2001 S80 T6

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: S80 Used for Police or Fire Departments? (Donnie Darko)

Yes, as in the band. And i dont know about driving cop cars have you seen the new Dodge Chargers that they will be selling to PD's, pretty nice

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Re: S80 Used for Police or Fire Departments? (Copeland)

Welcome -
I found these via Google...

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: S80 Used for Police or Fire Departments? (bschurr)

Wow that ambulance is quite possibly the ugliest motor vehicle to ever hit the road. Thanks for looking that up though, the s80 is decent for a squad car though.

The whole thing though is I dont want the lightbar on top or the decals. I want everthing concealed until needed. For example here in Texas, police officers are sometimes hired to sit at construction zones at night in thier own personal vehicles. You would have no idea that they are emergency vehicles if thier lights were not on. grrr... idk what I am going to do....i guess everything comes in time. I will post pics though if I get this project up and running.

Modified by Copeland at 7:19 PM 4-12-2006

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (Donnie Darko)

Thats amazing man. TMG is a great label (Rufio, copleand, lovedrug GREAT bands). I sometimes do work out here in San Antonio with a club helping booking, EMS, etc. We bring in alot of TMG bands. Copeland and cartel were here not to long ago and of course the Panic Division is from here. Huge fan of TMG's artists.

What band are you in PM me (or email [email protected]) if you dont want to put it in the forum.

Although I think I know what band your in........are you jealous
?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Very much so ;-). Very glad to meet you and thanks for helping out the bands that come through San Antonio, my old band played there a couple times with this band, Cinderleaf, who were from there. I loved playing that town in fact, i love playing in Texas period. Our shows in Austin and Dallas are usually really great because the kids there are ACTUALLY ENJOYING themselves at shows... what a neat concept ;-). Ill PM you for sure and im glad there is someone here that enjoys some of the same music i do, for a while i thought i was alone in both my love of the indie rocks and the wonderfully comfortable but not too fast s80. Hope you are having a great friday and look for a pm soon.

p

·
Registered
262 Posts
Re: (Copeland)

Nilsson Karosseri are, as I understand it, a certified Volvo modifier. They make limos, hearses and ambulances.

5 door hearse:

4 door limo:

6 door limo:

Ambulance:

The S80 Ambulance is the most common ambulance in the southern part of sweden. Nilsson have made 100 of them so far as I understand it. It is a T6.

//JonasL

Modified by jonas_lindquist at 2:09 PM 4-18-2006

·
Registered
836 Posts
Re: S80 Used for Police or Fire Departments? (Copeland)

Aspen Police Department has switched from Saab to the XC-90. I have some photos on my computer at work -- I can upload them later.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts