SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some research I learnt that Polestar is not available for our cars ( I have a 2010 T6 AWD) in the US. What other reputable companies have products available to the US market?

·
3,391 Posts
You are correct that Polestar is not available for the S80 T6 in the USA. The speculation is because the T6 uses the smaller brakes. Only the V8 uses the larger brakes in the USA, where in Europe, both models use the larger brakes.

I believe Heico and Elevate both offer tunes, however I don't know of anybody who has actually had one applied to their S80.

·
Registered
11,936 Posts
You are correct that Polestar is not available for the S80 T6 in the USA. The speculation is because the T6 uses the smaller brakes.
This speculation makes no sense when you consider the P3 XC70 T6 in the USA has 316mm front brakes just like all the S80 T6 models in the USA, but you CAN get Polestar here on the XC70. And it's a heavier vehicle to boot!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yes it looks as if it is one of those impossible things to get. I talked to Shark Performance and they need the car in their shop to do the install and with the distance between us just not practical. BSR website has a product but the same thing, they need the car in their shop in Sweden. BSR has many products they can ship to you but for the T6.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts