SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the S80 out last week, and it seemed to bog at about 5000 RPMs when I was flooring it in (most noticably) 2nd gear.

It would rev smoothly through 1st, then in 2nd it would rev smoothly until it hit about 5k or so on the tach.

I tried going off the line, from a roll, with DTSC on and then off, in auto and slapstick mode. Every time got the same result.

Any ideas what this could be?

·
Premium Member
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by anony00gt:
I had the S80 out last week, and it seemed to bog at about 5000 RPMs when I was flooring it in (most noticably) 2nd gear.

BOG? What do you mean? What did it do?

Yannis

·
Premium Member
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by anony00gt:
I was flooring it, then when it hit ~5k RPM it would stop revving (hold steady at 5000 RPMs) for just long enough to be noticed, then start revving again to the redline.

OK...gotcha. Obviously, it is not the rev limiter (I believe that kicks in at just above 6,000 rpm). You sure it "coughs" at 5,000 rpm and not above that, right? I wonder if it is "just" a software problem
or there is a problem with the fuel delivery under WOT...then you could start looking at fuel pumps, etc. No messages generated inn the message center?

Yannis

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, no messages, no warning lights, nothing. I mean this car gives you a check engine light when the gas cap isn't tight, so I would agree that it should definitely have some kinda warning message for this kind of thing.

I was thinking it might be a fuel delivery problem, or possibly something wrong with the blowoff valve (blowing off boost too soon maybe?).

It's my father's car, and I highly doubt he ever runs at WOT, and even if he did he wouldn't notice the little "cough". It definitely got my attention when i took the car for a spin though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.