SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a new S80 and want to take great care of the car. I would appreciate your experience/advice on a few concerns:<BR>1) Do you recommend a car cover? I have heard good and bad about car covers. My car is not garaged. If you do recommend I use a cover, which type? What about the one Volvo lists on its website?<BR>2) What cleaner do you recommend for washing the car? Do you recommend waxing? If so, with what brand and how often?<BR>3) How do you clean/maintain the leather interior? the dash area and woodgrain?<P>Thank you so much for your assistance.

·
Registered
66 Posts
There are lots of great cleaning products out there for cars these days. Several companies, including Zaino, Zymol, and Meguiars have really good and some easy to use products. Meguiars professional products may require a buffer but many are hand applicable. Avoid using dishwashing detergent to wash your car for it is very harsh on the clearcoat finish. Wash it first, then polish, then wax. It will take a few hours to do it right and then use a spritz like Quik Detailer to keep it dust and dirt free. Avoid carwashes if you can but do what you have time and patience for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts