SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I have big problem, and mechanics can´t find solution. Waiting the car to run over 6 months now.
Have read hours and hours about this gearbox problems, but not having any solutions of the same issues.

Having this problem for two gearbox changes and we´re out of thought with my mechanic.

Bought an S80 2005 (black, white half-alcantara, Pegasus) with broken AW55-50 gearbox which got stone under the front end and broke the gearbox. Rebuilt new gearbox and changed clutch disks and of-course new oil. Plus changed 3 used-radiators. Everything worked fine until about 100km, we tried to do the Adaption, but it failed and didn´t get a change to do it next time because 1 day later it disengages in town-speed. Revs go up but moving hard and after few moments not at all. When turned off and then on the car, it worked again for a very few moments. Thought the filter is full of mush.

Changed the original gearbox (which was welded and already ready with new filter) and put the same valve body from this car. With previous valve-body it didn´t work properly.
Everything worked fine, except some harsh gear changes from 3rd to 2nd like it was before. Okay, that´s not the problem at the moment. After 150km when got from 50km road to city, then car revved 2500-3000 some times and when stopped and accelerating it revved and moved slightly.Turned off the car but the problem was same.
Managed to get home and when checked the ATF level (did it correct way), it was 3/4 inch above HOT upper mark. I let it cool down and checked in the morning it was 1/2 inch below lower COLD mark. Drove it for 15 minutes, everything worked fine, accelerated nicely but then suddenly disengages and no power, just revved. Oil level was same as last evening 3/4 above HOT.

We changed the TCM - no help
Changed the PNP Switch - no help
Changed the SLT solenoid - no help

Distances got shorter and shorter and now it won´t engage at all. We´re out of thoughts. What can it be? Only related code is missing communication with ECM. Wires look okay.

Thanks and waiting for thoughts. Willing to pay for information, which solves the problem!

Kindest,
Elmo

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
so youve only tried one valvebody with two different assemblies?

I would think the valvebody is the culprit here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Racer_S, tried two actually but no change. SLT solenoid seemed to be bad and changed it but nothing.
Any other thoughts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts