SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a friend who has a S80 2.9. As we all know, it is not the quickest car on the road. Is there anything that can be done to the engine? I have searched for chips, but I have only found chips for the Turbocharged engines, such as the T6. I believe a K&N Filter may add .0000002 hp

Thanks for the help...

·
Registered
439 Posts
Normally aspirated? A chip isn't going to do much even if you find one. There's not a lot you can do that'll give you much of a gain if you aren't ready to throw down big cash, and even then, I don't think there's a heck of a lot for this motor.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Evolvo:
Normally aspirated? A chip isn't going to do much even if you find one. There's not a lot you can do that'll give you much of a gain if you aren't ready to throw down big cash, and even then, I don't think there's a heck of a lot for this motor.
Correct...the only company that I am aware of is S.A.M. in Sweden. But the gains are not worth the investment.

Just upgrade to a 2002 S80 2.9; HUGE difference!

Yannis

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I'll give my buddy the goods news... haha, I doubt he expected anything that would make him keep up with my 850, hahaha, better slow down and let him catch up!

btw, thanks for your advice

1 - 5 of 5 Posts