SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2000 S70 recently. It's the base model, not the SE or GLT or anything like that.<P>I'm curious about the Traction Control option. I speculate that it's simply the addition of an in-dash switch, and a software download to control the ABS when wheel slippage occurs? Am I correct about this?<P>I enabled the Trip Computer option by buying a $35 switch from the dealer, installing it myself and convincing them to install the software for it for $60. I am wondering if I can get myself Traction Control the same way?<P>Thanks!<BR>Warren

·
Registered
11 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WarrenG24:<BR><B>I purchased a 2000 S70 recently. It's the base model, not the SE or GLT or anything like that.<P>I'm curious about the Traction Control option. I speculate that it's simply the addition of an in-dash switch, and a software download to control the ABS when wheel slippage occurs? Am I correct about this?<P>I enabled the Trip Computer option by buying a $35 switch from the dealer, installing it myself and convincing them to install the software for it for $60. I am wondering if I can get myself Traction Control the same way?<P>Thanks!<BR>Warren</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Noop!<P>The TRACS controls the wheel differentials during slippage and detects inadequate traction from one wheel versus the other during speeds up to 20 mphs. Great for mud and snow driving or unbalance road conditions. Automatically shuts off during speeds excess of 20 mph.<BR><P>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts