SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys I just got a 98 s70 T5m from Tom. Car is great but has a few issues. First off it idles around 1100 rpm also when i shift when accelerating the idle goes up about 300 rpms when i let off the gas. throws a p0505 code. Idle control system malfunction. Checked the Iac and it was fine and the noticed a hose on the left side of the intake manifold was off. Put this hose on but problem did not go away. When I first started the car after replacing the hose it stalled immediately after starting. It starts fine since then but still has those issues as I said. Any ideas?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
K guys just got back from my mechanic. We did a smoke test with no leaks. Tried a new maf and throttle body with no improvement. Still lookin for the cause. I've got 15 dollars paypal'd to the first person who leads me to the solution.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A little update. Clamping the iac hose does not change the idle at all and unplugging the iac raises the idle a little bit.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sprayed around the intake mani gasket and still no thing. Checked fuel pressure for ****s but it was good too. Any ideas?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts