SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to attach the spoiler but the 2000 S70 I bought didn't come with one. Where can I get one (without getting ripped off)? Is the one on CarID authentic and priced reasonably? And do I need to drill or can I use tape? Any installation tutorial available? If there's a way to screw it up, I usually find it, so I want as much info as I can get.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got a oem quality spoiler on eBay for $65 with free shipping and installed it on my first s70 and yes you should drill it, installation was fairly easy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well that was a couple of years ago but I searched eBay and I still see some in that price range just search for Volvo s70 spoiler and it will bring them up

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
I would like to attach the spoiler but the 2000 S70 I bought didn't come with one. Where can I get one (without getting ripped off)? Is the one on CarID authentic and priced reasonably? And do I need to drill or can I use tape? Any installation tutorial available? If there's a way to screw it up, I usually find it, so I want as much info as I can get.
I have an OEM spec spoiler that has been sanded, ready for paint. $50 plus shipping if you're interested. You can either attach by screwing into the trunk or 3M mounting tape.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have an OEM spec spoiler that has been sanded, ready for paint. $50 plus shipping if you're interested. You can either attach by screwing into the trunk or 3M mounting tape.
That's great! I'm at work right now but I will definitely follow up with you later. Any dings or defects?

Any other parts you have laying around?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
As do I, although mine is black

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
The OEM spoiler should clamp to the edges of the trunk, no drilling required. Also uses double stick foam. At least that's how the T5 spoiler I removed from my '98 parts car worked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts