SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got the factory bars and am getting a thule fairing. i also am getting 2 bike attachments. Now have any of you seen an s70 with a cargo carrier on top? im looking at getting a thin and narrow one for all of my downhill longboards. all long/thin ones are 80ish inches long. anyone have a pic or could post a picture of one on their s70. thanks

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I had one like this that was used on an 850 wagon and S70:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02872661000P?mv=rr

But no pics. Sorry. I just wanted to mention that the back of the trunk can hit the under side
of the carrier when the trunk is opened. It doesn't really block the trunk, maybe just the
last inch of travel is where it would hit. The main issue is it would scuff the paint on the trunk lid.
So you just have to watch out for that when opening the trunk.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did the s70 look awkward with it?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Yes, it looked awkward. Especially considering how great the 850 wagon looked with it on. I
think I mounted it once, scuffed the trunk lid and then after that we always took the wagon
(or packed lighter) :)

Note the cross bar widths are different between sedan and wagon since the mount points in the
drivers door are at slightly different points. So you would need bars for an S70. Our bars
were for a wagon. I cut the bars and inserted an aluminum tube to extend it so I could switch between
the 850 wagon and s70 (with through bolts to hold it in place -- like 1 inch of extension is needed). The
sedan requires a slightly wider bar at the front (the rear one is the same). So just be aware of
that if purchasing used.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive already got cross bars...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.