SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I am looking to buy a 2000 s70 base model tomorrow which if I'm correct has the B5244S engine (I could be wrong). Anyway, the guy says that it has a head gasket issue which I thought would be a good project to try and tackle since the car is $350 dollars. I'm looking to fix it up, mostly to learn, but possibly to make a small profit. I have found this tutorial from Robert DIY (http://atthetipwebs.com/technologyinstructions/head_gasket.htm) which is for a slightly older model and a Turbo version. I think the 2000 base model I would be getting has VVT and I know it isn't turbo charged. Does anyone know of any major differences between the older models and the one I would be getting? Will the VVT pose me some larger issues? Is there anything I should be aware of? And finally, does anyone know of an existing tutorial for this, because I have not been able to find one on this model. Also, any other tips for buying this model, maybe what to check or look for? Thank you!
-Jor

·
Registered
851 Posts
I don't think its worth all the work for a non turbo car. Even if you do the work yourself, your still looking at spending $1k+ on parts and having the head machined

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
Hard pass. Look for one that doesn’t need a thousand bucks worth of work to see if it runs correctly before you then go chasing all the other old p80 potential problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts