SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a good aftermarket wheels for a 2000 S70? My preference is a Star (5 or 6 Spoke) design if possible. Tried the IPD Pegasus replica and had problems with fitment specifically the bore. Thanks.

·
Registered
63,542 Posts
Re: S70 After Market Wheels (alldwayray)

The bore should have been just fine but PEGS are an 8" wheel and very close clearances, you really want a 7" or a 7.5" wheel.

They are many, many wheels available, just go to either http://www.tirerack.com or http://www.discounttire.com to see what they have

·
Premium Member
39,289 Posts

Quote, originally posted by alldwayray »
What is a good aftermarket wheels for a 2000 S70? My preference is a Star (5 or 6 Spoke) design if possible. Tried the IPD Pegasus replica and had problems with fitment specifically the bore. Thanks.

I would go to your local Volvo store and ask about the Comets. They come in 16" or 17" size and are extremely affordable! Additionally, there is a promotion that you can get back $200 for buying a set of 4 Volvo aluminum wheels; it's a heck of a deal!

·
Registered
63,542 Posts
Re: S70 After Market Wheels (GrecianVolvo)

Quote, originally posted by GrecianVolvo »

I would go to your local Volvo store and ask about the Comets. They come in 16" or 17" size and are extremely affordable! Additionally, there is a promotion that you can get back $200 for buying a set of 4 Volvo aluminum wheels; it's a heck of a deal!

COMETS=17"
METEOR= 16"

(They look the same)

I wouldn't, they're horribly expensive even with the $200 rebate!
Comets are over $350 per wheel

He wants AFTERMARKET

·
Premium Member
39,289 Posts
Re: S70 After Market Wheels (JRL)

Quote, originally posted by JRL »

COMETS=17"
METEOR= 16"

(They look the same)

I wouldn't, they're horribly expensive even with the $200 rebate!
Comets are over $350 per wheel

He wants AFTERMARKET

Why buy aftermarket if you can get Comets for a good price? Most retailers can get them cheap. And Comets USED to be sold in 16". Perhaps, they can still be found in 16" (and I know what the METEORS look like; the only thing they have in common with the COMETS is the 5-spoke pattern).

·
Registered
63,542 Posts

http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=44615
Scroll down.

You may be thinking of Satellites which came in 16 and 17.

Look below

Except for the newer center caps on mine they are EXACTLY THE SAME

METEORS

COMETS

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Thanks to all of you. Keep it coming if you have more recommendations.

I'll start making phones and hitting web sites then I will narrow down my choices in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts

Quote, originally posted by GrecianVolvo »

Why buy aftermarket if you can get Comets for a good price? Most retailers can get them cheap. And Comets USED to be sold in 16". Perhaps, they can still be found in 16" (and I know what the METEORS look like; the only thing they have in common with the COMETS is the 5-spoke pattern).

Nope, JRL is right!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.