SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been hearing rumours that the first S60Rs go on production in week 24 of this year, i.e. June!!!<P>I've not been able to get any comment from the local franchises but they say that it is possible since the S60 was ready for production over 2 years ago but Volvo decided to hold it back till the new V70 was launched.<P>Keep your eyes and ears open for any hints from your dealers and do let the rest of us know of any developments.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's all fine and dandy and I am glad that Volvo is making great leaps in performance and design...but. alas, it is all for naught if the car is going to be priced in the high $40,000 range like speculation suggests.<P>Why get so excited about something that I will never get to drive, let alone own.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Not to sound inflammatory, but…<P>I don't particularly care whether YOU can afford it or not; I'm excited too.<P>I doubt that the car will be priced in the high 40's but even it is, the enthusiasm here is a result of the engineering marvel that Volvo will bring to market. And isn't a result of an affordability model. Especially not one based on your income.<P>"You wanna play, you gotta pay"<P>That's what I would tell people who would try to negotiate down the price of the modified Audi S4 that I just sold.<BR>

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree with you ch7656. I'm in a 2.4t and would love to be in a T5 but, alas, I can't afford it. I'd like Puff to explain further. Puff?<P>

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
I have a feeling that Volvo will have no trouble at all selling the S60R. There are people who are already on Volvo dealer waiting lists for the S60R, a car that doesn't even exist yet. A lot of people were surprised when the T-Gul 850 T5-R first came out, but it was a relative success.<P>-Drew

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was asked to explain so I will....<P>My point is, if you read my message carefully, is that I am very excited for Volvo to make such a marvel as the S60R (if it remains what was seen at the auto show) and I am also glad that such innovations as the active chassis can exist in modern vehicles. I bought my S60 T5 due to such innovations in design and performance. Would I rather of had a BMW M5, Mercedes CLK55, or Audi S4...sure, but my finances would not afford it and because of that, I am more excited about my new T5 than any of the above, mentioned cars. Are they marvels of the autombile world...Yes! Can I afford one...No! Excitement Level when I see one of these cars drive by me...Very minimal. Excitement level if I won one of these cars and was driving it...probable very high. Excitement level when I drive my T5...extremely high.<P>All I was saying is it's hard to get overly excited about something that I will never get to experience. I read tons of auto magazines and I see hundreds of cool vehicles, high-performance machines, and exotic makes, but the ones that I truly adore are the ones that the "common" man (me) can drive....one that I can envision myself in based on finanical considerations.<P>To put it into context, what would be more exciting to you...the fact that your neighbor/friend just won $10,000,000 or that it was your prize. <P>I hope this helps explain!<P>

·
Registered
128 Posts
Puff-<BR>Thanks for the explanation...<P>I've gotta tell you, other then the "Quattro" there is nothing I miss about my 2000 S4. And that's coming from someone who has owned 6 Audi's over the past 10 years.<P>P.S.- are you the same "the puff" from Audiworld.com?<BR><p>[This message has been edited by ch7656 (edited 03-25-2001).]

·
Registered
37 Posts
In last week's Auto Week they mention that Volvo has given the go ahead for the high performance S60 (assuming they will call it the R version). they state in the article that it will have AWD and around 300 hp. CAN'T WAIT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts