SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
From what I understand, my stock center bore size is 65.1mm and all I need to fit to a lesser center bore size is a hub centric ring. The wheels I'm looking at are a set of Avant Garde M310 and the center bore size is 63.4mm. The offset looks good at +42, as the 18" IPD Pegasus replicas are +43. The IPD Pegasus replicas are 18x8 where as these Avant Garde are 18x8.5. Do you think they will rub with this offset?

EDIT: For future readers I got it backwards. The bore size on the wheel was smaller than the stock bore size. As informed below is has to be larger than the stock bore size, so you can downsize.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Hubcentric rings are used for fitting wheels with larger center bores than stock (ring fills the gap between the smaller bore on the hub and the larger bore on the wheel, keeping it centered). For a smaller center bore on the wheels than stock, you'll need a spacer/adapter, or to get the bore on the wheels machined out some.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Registered
912 Posts
According to VIVA, stock 18x8 and 17x8 pegs are et46. Lower offset = further from vehicle centerline, so they likely won't rub on the inside. And yes to those dimensions on hubcentric rings.

No clue what they'll do on the outside, as wheels are only one factor in clearance: tires and ride height are the other parts of the equation. You at stock ride height? Gonna go for tires with a similar diameter and section width to stock? If so, someone else here can chime in on fitment, but my opinion as an unknown internet stranger is that the extra 6mm won't really matter, as most fitment issues on our cars seem to be on the inside, at least until wider tires/lowered ride heights/radical offsets come in to play.

·
Registered
912 Posts
(If you can swing it, go for meaty rubber. I had 255 summers on my S4 and could basically corner at right angles)

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
The Enkeis from VIVA come with centering rings and for sure fit the R no problem. Any wheel VIVA sells for the R will fit no problem and come with correct centering rings. +40 offset means they will be 6mm further in than stock pegs. Probably not a noticeable difference.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Enkeis from VIVA come with centering rings and for sure fit the R no problem. Any wheel VIVA sells for the R will fit no problem and come with correct centering rings. +40 offset means they will be 6mm further in than stock pegs. Probably not a noticeable difference.
Awesome, thanks. I think my wheel search has FINALLY come to an end. I wish there was more of a selection overall (as do most I'm sure) but now that I know about the rings I can find more options.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Its not just the hub bore you have to keep in mind. Its also the Brembo's if the wheel will clear them or not. If not then you need spacers. If buying from viva then no issue here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I contacted VIVA, so this is what they had to say:

These wheels will come with the hub centric rings as well as bolts to install on to your car. If these are being installed onto an S60R, we recommend the use of at least 5mm spacers in the front to clear the brakes. Most people do 10 front and rear. Spacers are not included, but we will send the appropriate hub rings and lugs.
You can get the spacers here. $129 each, need 2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.