SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
Is there anyone here who knows how a S60R stands up against a S60T6 in a race!?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I'm makin me some pop corn for this thread

·
Registered
905 Posts
holy****balls!

in before the lock

also please pass the popcorns now please

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Hello all!
Is there anyone here who knows how a S60R stands up against a S60T6 in a race!?
I'm sorry, what is a S60T6? The only Volvo I am familiar with is the S60R.....You mean there are others?

Pardon my ignorance,
As for comparing the two it's like comparing Apples to Oranges. The S60R is "highly tuned" from the factory

·
Registered
588 Posts
Again....ok...well since I've driven both on the track....the S60T6 is smooth. Everything is effortless and the awd system seems more rear wheel friendly. Oh God. What have I done? I still love my R please don't burn me guys! LOL

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Again....ok...well since I've driven both on the track....the S60T6 is smooth. Everything is effortless and the awd system seems more rear wheel friendly. Oh God. What have I done? I still love my R please don't burn me guys! LOL
Did you know that if you favor another form of S60 you are 25% more likely to lose your genitalia in a head on collision that is increased by 40% to happen....I think you should reconsider.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Did you know that if you favor another form of S60 you are 25% more likely to lose your genitalia in a head on collision that is increased by 40% to happen....I think you should reconsider.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
T6 has the same power, and less torque? A better transmission, but it's heavier and technically less rear wheel happy. Also a bit heavier.

Tough one. I'd imagine it's faster in a straight line at least, but not by much.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
We should just have one of our old argument threads stickied of the new S60T6 RD vs S60R.

·
Registered
956 Posts
The obvious answer is the P2 R.... duh, we would have to race in less than 40F temps though because our heat soak is a b***h! But seriously, the R has WAAAAY better stopping power... and we have R logos on the calipers. Plus the new S60T6 doesnt have "advanced" mode... that right there just owns everything

·
Registered
2,165 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Rehash. Thankfully most of you know the drill.

Lol that said, I've test drove a S60 T6 Polestar tune, and it felt good. Not too much lag, and it had good power. Unfortunately it only comes in an automatic, so it felt numb and disconnected like all automatics. The p2 R is a bit more raw and refined, I think it's also slightly quicker off the line, but I'm sure that would be different if it's on a track.

Dad signed up for a S60 RD and it'll be joining the family.

It's still an excellent car IMHO, but most of the sales reps at the dealership was drooling at my R while it sat outside the showroom.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Rehash. Thankfully most of you know the drill.

Lol that said, I've test drove a S60 T6 Polestar tune, and it felt good. Not too much lag, and it had good power. Unfortunately it only comes in an automatic, so it felt numb and disconnected like all automatics. The p2 R is a bit more raw and refined, I think it's also slightly quicker off the line, but I'm sure that would be different if it's on a track.

Dad signed up for a S60 RD and it'll be joining the family.

It's still an excellent car IMHO, but most of the sales reps at the dealership was drooling at my R while it sat outside the showroom.
We all drool at your R sir :D well, I do at least.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Obviously if we were going for looks the P2R wins. The new design looks like Japanese and only looks good from a certain angle. The interior is obviously more advanced within the new design, but the R is classy as hell. The R design feels like plastic, even the salesman agreed with me.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Duh, V70R would win - it's longer and would therefore reach the finish line first. :)

1 - 20 of 161 Posts