SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been asked but i didn't see it in search but anyways i am wanting to put a s60r steering wheel and airbag in my s60. is this a direct fit or what else is needed besides the wheel itself?

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
Depends on the years. 04 will fit anything 04 and older directly. 05 and up only fit 05 and up cars, unless you take the switches out and swap them too. Airbags should all be cross compatible. What years are you looking at?

·
Registered
683 Posts
by means of example, i have a '12 xc90 r design wheel (30756166) with a 05 airbag, but because the connectors on the buttons are diff and the dealer (i got this done with a bunch of other crap, but diy is actually really straightforward and surprisingly easy) didn't want their people doing custom solder, they just used my 01 buttons

old pic, steering wheel isnt dirty, just and image artifact

edit, boy does the dash look bettar with the R cowl and trim rings, pics to come

·
Registered
187 Posts
What is needed to fit an 04 S60R to an older P2? I have an '02. I figured it will fit but I don't expect to transfer steering wheel controls. Thanks for any insight.

Silver 2002 AW-55 S60 2.4t
Black 2004 M66 V70R

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
Nothing, 04 should be direct fit with 02. And again, worst case scenario if I'm wrong is you have to unscrew the buttons and swap them from wheel to wheel. Not hard. You'll know you have to swap if the electrical connectors are different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts