SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at an 04 S60R. The SRS light is on, but I can't see any evidence of the airbags having deployed. How can you tell if the bags actually deployed?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
The connectors usually burn/melt if deployed due to crashing. SRS light could be many other things... You need VIDA to diagnose

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have VIDA, but I am have very little experience using it (I have a number of Volvos). Where would I go in VIDA to see if the airbags deployed?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'll bet anything that the SRS light is on because someone disconnected the HVAC control unit without disconnecting the battery first. I did this when I installed my GROM Audio unit, and you have to pull the HVAC to pull the radio...

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Start VIDA. Read Vehicle. Go to DIAGNOSTICS tab. Let it read all the modules. It will start in in the CSC tab (Customer Symtoms Codes) just click on INITIAL tab. It will display all faults in all systems. You can then see which ones are SRS faults. Go to DELIVERY tab, scroll down to bottom if you can't see the CLEAR ALL button and clear the faults. Follow the Procedure in the window that pops up and it will read the faults again to see if they've cleared.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
VIDA cleared the SRS code. I started the car and let it run and the SRS code did not return. So this confirms the air bags have not deployed? I am being overly cautious as my kids will drive this car - I have to make sure the air bags will work if required.

Thanks to all for the input.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Yes, no airbags have deployed and the car's safe to drive :) AK-S60R-M66 is on point with his diagnosis. I've had to remove the console twice, got the error message, and deleted it with VIDA.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. I really appreciate the input. Thankfully I have no experience with cars having airbags deploy - hope to keep it that way!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
The SRS DTC will be set only when ignition is turned on while CCM disconnected from network

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
The SRS DTC will be set only when ignition is turned on while CCM disconnected from network
My understanding has been that the battery itself has to be disconnected before performing CCM or AUM work.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
No. Never have I done that. Never had fault codes

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
If an airbag had deployed you would definitely know. They are a violent explosive device and wherever they deploy from would be destroyed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts