SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

S60R Sonic Blue Production Numbers

43K views 114 replies 48 participants last post by  KiwiMacgyver 
#1 ·
I received the following numbers from VCNA after wondering how many cars were made with my specifications.
I'm almost sure that my R is unique in North America with Sonicama, M/T and Sport Package based on these figures

> The production figures are:
>
> Model Year 2006 S60R
> Sonic Blue - 186
> Atacama - 14
> Automatic - 136
> Manual - 50
>
> Model Year 2007 S60R
> Sonic Blue - 37
> Atacama - 7
> Automatic - 21
> Manual - 16

See less See more
#28 ·
Re: S60R Sonic Blue Production Numbers (Elak R)

Quote, originally posted by Elak R »
and whats really rare is Sonic blue with GT AND body kit OUT OF FACTORY..... probably less than 10....

I bet for more than 10.

#29 ·
Re: (DaSwede1127)

Quote, originally posted by DaSwede1127 »
I am having a REALLY hard time finding a 2006 or 2007 MT R with 20k miles or less in Sonic Blue.... I have found ALL other color combinations, but NO sonic blue and it is getting really frustrating!!
You want to know what's bizzare about this thread? I wasn't even looking to purchase the ride I did, but instead merely looking for a replacement for my 2dr C70. Kids hitting the kindergarten and Gr 1 stage required something with more flexibility. I had always liked the look of the R's that I had seen and knew they were relatively uncommon. That was a key so that it fit well in with my other more rare rides. Was looking to purchase one of the two that were available to me locally when I opted to see what the pricing was for them out of the US. Checked out eBay for interest as I didn't know what all the forums out there were, and voila! Saw my 2006 Sonic Blue MT Gobi (Atacama does nothing for me) for sale with 24K on it. There was a BIN of 26K USD in April of 2007. This was fantastic! 20K CDN less than what I had to pay for the same ride here locally. Called the guy stat and we sorted out the purchase particulars. I know own what appears to be one of the more uncommon R's. Had NO idea at the time. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

#31 ·
Re: (DaSwede1127)

Its right here waiting for you in WA- MTSONIGOBI a rare one for sure!
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/...=1482
Email me for my paypal address for the finders fee

EDIT* and free car washes for life too
Dont mind that it states automatic transmission- its clearly a MT- funny you'd think they'd be a little more careful with their facts.

Modified by gottabstick at 11:56 PM 4-4-2008

#34 ·
Re: S60R Sonic Blue Production Numbers (MagoonR)

Quote, originally posted by MagoonR »

I bet for more than 10.

No sonics came from the factory with a body kit.

The kits were added here for Volvo execs. I have personally seen more than 1/2 dozen of these machines. Sonic / Nordkap / GT.

#35 ·
#39 ·
Re: (Juice33)

Quote, originally posted by Juice33 »
Sweet! I have a rare car! Too bad I am selling it soon

Why?

#41 ·
Re:

Quote, originally posted by DaSwede1127 »
I like the passion red color too, but i seriously disagree with putting red and blue (gauges) even remotely together...

Passion Red/Nordkap is a pretty nice combo though. Then again, I may be a bit biased.

Quote, originally posted by volvobluer »
MY2006 VR - Sonic Blue - Atacama
2 Manual
10 Auto

MY2007 VR - Sonic Blue - Atacama
4 Manual
0 Auto

Not looking good for 1800girl and her sonicama VR MT.

#42 ·
Re: S60R Sonic Blue Production Numbers (Needsdecaf)

Quote, originally posted by Needsdecaf »

No sonics came from the factory with a body kit.

The kits were added here for Volvo execs.
Where is this information obtained from? I've seen a couple of Sonic Blue w/ kits and I thought it was merely an option that I didn't get on mine. I'd like to have it. Sounds like I need to purchase aftermarket and paint everything to match.

#43 ·
Re: Re: (MagoonR)

Quote, originally posted by MagoonR »

Not looking good for 1800girl and her sonicama VR MT.

Well, I am in no rush...perfectly willing to hold out and keep looking. I already have a let surfsd know that when he's interested in selling his, I'm interested in buying it.

As it is, this would be an addition to the collection, not planning to sell my S60R at this point.

#44 ·
Re: S60R Sonic Blue Production Numbers (Bigglezworth)

Quote, originally posted by Bigglezworth »

Where is this information obtained from? I've seen a couple of Sonic Blue w/ kits and I thought it was merely an option that I didn't get on mine. I'd like to have it. Sounds like I need to purchase aftermarket and paint everything to match.

Kits were not factory available on Sonic and Electric Silver cars. They could be added later.

About a year ago or so, a bunch of SB w/kit, Auto S60R's started popping up. Further research lead to the fact that they were executive cars.

#45 ·
Re: (volvobluer)

2 Manual
10 Auto

4 Manual
0 Auto

Whoa! It's a needle in a haystack search!

#47 ·
Re: Re: (lowbumpeR)

Quote, originally posted by lowbumpeR »
An addition ? You may have to get dealer plates soon if you keep this up !

Ahahaha! Nah, we are divesting two cars this year. The MB is at a broker now about to be sold and the 1800 is getting a new gas tank and will be sold sometime this summer.

Our GTO is getting some rust repaired then going to live at "Grandpa's house" in his garage for awhile. We'll be down to 3 cars at home in no-time.

Oh, and if I get a Sonicama VR I'd be selling the V70 T5 too.

#48 ·
Re: Re: (1800girl)

From Volvo

Mr. Levitt,

Our Product Management has confirmed the following information you provided is accurate.

2 Manual
10 Auto

4 Manual
0 Auto

#49 ·
Re: S60R Sonic Blue Production Numbers (Needsdecaf)

Quote, originally posted by Needsdecaf »

Kits were not factory available on Sonic and Electric Silver cars. They could be added later.

About a year ago or so, a bunch of SB w/kit, Auto S60R's started popping up. Further research lead to the fact that they were executive cars.
Thanks for the insight. My ride was a Volvo Exec car interestingly enough....

#50 ·
Re: (volvobluer)

2 Manual
10 Auto

4 Manual
0 Auto

Are you kidding me??? There were only 2 06 V70R Sonacamas with a MT delivered in N.A.??? And I have one

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.