SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

S60R Sonic Blue Production Numbers

43K views 114 replies 48 participants last post by  KiwiMacgyver 
#1 ·
I received the following numbers from VCNA after wondering how many cars were made with my specifications.
I'm almost sure that my R is unique in North America with Sonicama, M/T and Sport Package based on these figures

> The production figures are:
>
> Model Year 2006 S60R
> Sonic Blue - 186
> Atacama - 14
> Automatic - 136
> Manual - 50
>
> Model Year 2007 S60R
> Sonic Blue - 37
> Atacama - 7
> Automatic - 21
> Manual - 16

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: S60R Sonic Blue Production Numbers (johanjaw)

Could you please ask your person for the V70R Sonic production numbers or give me his/her email or contact info?

#4 ·
I'd love to know the numbers for an '06 Sonic Blue with a stick shift and Nordkap.

#6 ·
Re: S60R Sonic Blue Production Numbers (johanjaw)

I'm definitely interested in the Sonicama VR production numbers too.

#8 ·
Re: (flybynight)

Quote, originally posted by flybynight »
I'd love to know the numbers for an '06 Sonic Blue with a stick shift and Nordkap.
I just emailed the guy
but I would guess you can half the number for 2006 and one third the number for 2007 which should be pretty close.

#115 ·
Re: (JRL)

Nice, I'm guessing that most R's were painted Black Sapphire out of the factory?

how many Rs overall were produced in 2007 anyone know??
Did you ever get the production figures for S60R and V70R cars ?
Cheers Graeme

#10 ·
Re: (b1gtime)

Quote, originally posted by b1gtime »
Nice, I'm guessing that most R's were painted Black Sapphire out of the factory?

how many Rs overall were produced in 2007 anyone know??

I'd say Titanium Gray actually.

#11 ·

I'd say Titanium Gray actually.

Yeah I'd say it has to be b/t Ti Grey and black sapphire

Flash green the most rare color??

#14 · (Edited)
Re: (minorthr)

Quote, originally posted by minorthr »

And the ugliest and we had one.

Really, I think it is sharp, esp. on the wagon.

I don't know, but I think Sonic Blue might be overall more rare than Flash Green. My logical for saying that is simply because of overall production of R's was lower in '06 - '07.

Reactions: KiwiMacgyver
#16 ·

Really, I think it is sharp, esp. on the wagon.

I don't know, but I think Sonic Blue might be overall more rare than Sonic Blue. My logical for saying that is simply because of overall production of R's was lower in '06 - '07.
I don't think so, I see Sonics all the time around here, not many FG's and not any lately at all

Reactions: KiwiMacgyver
#19 ·

I have same.

#20 ·
Re: (Warpedcow)

Quote, originally posted by Warpedcow »

I have same.
Yeah yeah yeah we all do.
I'm getting the numbers

#23 ·
Re: (pama)

Quote, originally posted by pama »
Passion Red is very rare. I have only seen pictures of one other posted... and it was an 06 not an 07...

It would be an interesting read to see the production nunbers by colour by transmission into NA (Can/USA).

There is a fair amount of red R's around.

Now, I'm not saying there are more Flash Greens. I said maybe based on the fact that R production was higher in '04 and '05 compared to '06 and '07.

No matter who color you have, though, you have a pretty rare car.

If you drive a Flash Green V70R with Atacama you have a darn rare car. If you have a Sonic Blue V700.R with Atacama you also have a darn rare car (and in my opinion too loud of a color combo). When I picked my R in Goteborg there was a Sonic Blue R with Atacama sitting there at the factory store. IMO it was a little too much. Atacama looks incredible with pretty much all other R colors.

#25 ·
Re: (DaSwede1127)

Quote, originally posted by DaSwede1127 »
I am having a REALLY hard time finding a 2006 or 2007 MT R with 20k miles or less in Sonic Blue.... I have found ALL other color combinations, but NO sonic blue and it is getting really frustrating!!

That's because very few were made. Maybe just a few 100.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.