SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 40 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Re: (JRL)

Passion Red is very rare. I have only seen pictures of one other posted... and it was an 06 not an 07...

It would be an interesting read to see the production nunbers by colour by transmission into NA (Can/USA).

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
How about black/ atacama w/ 6MT?

I did add the body kit after purchase tho.

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Re: (pama)

Quote, originally posted by pama »
Passion Red is very rare. I have only seen pictures of one other posted... and it was an 06 not an 07...

It would be an interesting read to see the production nunbers by colour by transmission into NA (Can/USA).

There is a fair amount of red R's around.

Now, I'm not saying there are more Flash Greens. I said maybe based on the fact that R production was higher in '04 and '05 compared to '06 and '07.

No matter who color you have, though, you have a pretty rare car.

If you drive a Flash Green V70R with Atacama you have a darn rare car. If you have a Sonic Blue V700.R with Atacama you also have a darn rare car (and in my opinion too loud of a color combo). When I picked my R in Goteborg there was a Sonic Blue R with Atacama sitting there at the factory store. IMO it was a little too much. Atacama looks incredible with pretty much all other R colors.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I am having a REALLY hard time finding a 2006 or 2007 MT R with 20k miles or less in Sonic Blue.... I have found ALL other color combinations, but NO sonic blue and it is getting really frustrating!!

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Re: (DaSwede1127)

Quote, originally posted by DaSwede1127 »
I am having a REALLY hard time finding a 2006 or 2007 MT R with 20k miles or less in Sonic Blue.... I have found ALL other color combinations, but NO sonic blue and it is getting really frustrating!!

That's because very few were made. Maybe just a few 100.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Re: (flybynight)

My guess would be silver or black sapphire for most common.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts

Quote, originally posted by flybynight »

That's because very few were made. Maybe just a few 100.

I bet JRL could locate one in a few years

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: S60R Sonic Blue Production Numbers (Elak R)

Quote, originally posted by Elak R »
and whats really rare is Sonic blue with GT AND body kit OUT OF FACTORY..... probably less than 10....

I bet for more than 10.

·
Registered
136 Posts

Quote, originally posted by DaSwede1127 »
You want to know what's bizzare about this thread? I wasn't even looking to purchase the ride I did, but instead merely looking for a replacement for my 2dr C70. Kids hitting the kindergarten and Gr 1 stage required something with more flexibility. I had always liked the look of the R's that I had seen and knew they were relatively uncommon. That was a key so that it fit well in with my other more rare rides. Was looking to purchase one of the two that were available to me locally when I opted to see what the pricing was for them out of the US. Checked out eBay for interest as I didn't know what all the forums out there were, and voila! Saw my 2006 Sonic Blue MT Gobi (Atacama does nothing for me) for sale with 24K on it. There was a BIN of 26K USD in April of 2007. This was fantastic! 20K CDN less than what I had to pay for the same ride here locally. Called the guy stat and we sorted out the purchase particulars. I know own what appears to be one of the more uncommon R's. Had NO idea at the time. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
226 Posts
I like the passion red color too, but i seriously disagree with putting red and blue (gauges) even remotely together... i'm hoping to find my elusive R... I got another month or so to find one.

·
Registered
177 Posts

Its right here waiting for you in WA- MTSONIGOBI a rare one for sure!
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/...=1482
Email me for my paypal address for the finders fee

EDIT* and free car washes for life too
Dont mind that it states automatic transmission- its clearly a MT- funny you'd think they'd be a little more careful with their facts.

Modified by gottabstick at 11:56 PM 4-4-2008

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
FYIm there is currently a Sonic S60R with Nordkap available at Volvo Dublin in Ohio.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: S60R Sonic Blue Production Numbers (MagoonR)

Quote, originally posted by MagoonR »

I bet for more than 10.

No sonics came from the factory with a body kit.

The kits were added here for Volvo execs. I have personally seen more than 1/2 dozen of these machines. Sonic / Nordkap / GT.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·

·
Registered
104 Posts

I've never seen another post- '04 passion red with a factory body kit like my own...... although an 07 magic blue with the body kit, M/T, and atacama would first choice by a longshot.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Re: (Juice33)

Quote, originally posted by Juice33 »
Sweet! I have a rare car! Too bad I am selling it soon

Why?

21 - 40 of 115 Posts