SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How difficult would the swap be?

I know the chassis are different between the two. I'm trading my 350z in on an s40 t5 awd manual this coming week and the only part of the car I'm not thrilled about are the cloth sport seats(although they do look very comfortable and supportive).

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that the rear bench is several inches too wide to fit in the s40, but I'm more concerned about the fronts.

With the s60r leathers even fit? Is there enough room for them between the center console and door card? The seats are power, so the switches could be placed in the center console or wherever for that matter. Does anyone have measurements of the mounting locations on the s40 seats? What about the s60r seats?

Any info is much appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hi!

I believe this has been discussed before... The S60R seats are somewhat wider, so there are possible fitment issues. It's not much space to the center console...
Second, the airbags won't go over. I have heard something of messing around with some resistors in the connector, but I wouldn't do it...

The S40/V50 seats are really comfortable, but might lack a bit side-support (IMHO)... There are a few people around here, who have swapped for racing seats, though...

Hope this helps! :)

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
It shouldn't be too hard. If its too wide, make it fit

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
It shouldn't be too hard. If its too wide, make it fit

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.
its the airbags that are the main issue in my opinion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input!

Im going to also guess that volvo couldnt possibly run the same electronic system between the two. If they did, shouldnt the electric part of the seats be plug and play?

·
Registered
195 Posts
i had S60 leather fronts in my car ( then realised the rears wouldnt fit ) the fronts wont fit directly in either. i had to swap the rails from my S40 seats onto the S60 seats nd they went straight in. also be carefull, some of the under seat plugs arent lined up the same on the s60 as the s40. i found this out by blowing my seat tensioner :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i had S60 leather fronts in my car ( then realised the rears wouldnt fit ) the fronts wont fit directly in either. i had to swap the rails from my S40 seats onto the S60 seats nd they went straight in. also be carefull, some of the under seat plugs arent lined up the same on the s60 as the s40. i found this out by blowing my seat tensioner :p
Thats actually exactly what I was hoping to hear!

Thanks man!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Thats actually exactly what I was hoping to hear!

Thanks man!
Sounds like you're in! Please post pics of the car and swap! Oh, and welcome!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
oh man. if you do this , please do a write up cause i want S60 front seats sooooo BAD

·
Registered
397 Posts
I hope I didn't kill your enthusiasm in the first reply... :p

it would be cool if you went through and did a swap! :)

I'm thinking of getting an upholsterer to fill out the side bolsters of the original leather seats, since they have a lack of side support IMO...

·
Registered
195 Posts

Proof they fit! Heated, electic leatheryness. Reason i gave up is the rears (out of a V70) so i gave up and made £150gbp on the two fronts haha

All i did was change the rails nd they bolted straight in, the under seat harness fitted directly as well EXCEPT the one pre-tensioner plug. Which then blew up next to my ear haha

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
195 Posts
Pretensioner is attached directly to the seatbelt rather than part of the seat.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Holy crap! He did it! :D

Was it loud, when the tensioner went off??? (edit: small "poff" or huge "BANG"?)

Now I have to look at S60 seat options myself... :p

So many ideas, so little money, so little time... And no garage...

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
awesome! congrats!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Yesssss!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Loud enough bang to have a ringing ear for around 3 days. Scared thr **** out of me. And now my bloody srs system has an error light on. Need a new belt. Grrr.

Im assuming the airbags will still deploy with an error on the dash

·
Registered
195 Posts
Ah i sold thr leathern ones sorry. Made a nice chunk of profit haha. Ebay has a fair r few s60/v70 seats. Not sure where based

1 - 20 of 24 Posts