SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UK 2006MY S60R 69200miles FSH (Volvo Main Dealer) 2 previous owners. Immaculately kept prior to my ownership.

Possibly started with a occasional warning light indicating my left headlight bulb had failed when it hadn't, this only happened a couple of times however.

In the last 2-3 months Ive had the 'Anti Skid Service Required' start coming up on start up, often to disappear shortly afterwards and then this progressed to the ABS light illuminating and 'Brake assist service required' & 'Anti Skid Service Required' and on maybe two occasion on initial pull off a feeling of something like the ABS kicking in without the brakes being applied as if the wheels are trying not to skid (<10mph speeds). Other than the lights there seems to be no ill effects of than the limited issue described above. Its intermittent and not every time you start up and it might be my imagination that more than once its come on when going over a speed bump or through a pot hole.

I had a diagnostic at a Volvo Main Dealer and that threw up a couple of Brake pressure sensors fault codes but both were near or close to the tolerances, and they also said that it was maybe a ABS ring. I haven't had chance to get it in to for them to be replaced and seeing as its so intermittent I wanted to be sure that was the cause anyway before I had it done.

Now, this issue seems have quietened down significantly - maybe once in the last 3 weeks. It seems to have been replaced with a fault in one of my reverse sensors which (annoyingly) sounds like it is stuck on as soon as you put it in reverse. Sometimes taking it in and out of reverse a couple of times stops it long enough for them to function enough to allow me to park.

I have only once in the same drive had the ABS/Anti skid issue and the reverse sensor issue and not at the same time - i.e. the ABS light had gone off by the time I was paking.

Last night my reverse sensors worked twice flawlessly as did they when I parked this morning.

HOWEVER on my way to work this morning I had briefly a flashing yellow CEL light for maybe 30secs. I had stopped at a set of lights when I noticed it, although I had 'spiritedly' pulled out of a junction shortly before (<1mile / 2 mins) I m pretty sure it didn't come on until I stopped at the lights. Engine temp was normal and the engine sounded / felt fine at idle with no roughness / obvious misfires. The CEL disappeared and I continued to drive another 5miles or so with no further issues and normal running / power delivery etc.

Is a) everything on my car deciding to failure in sequence leaving my entire car to fall apart finally with me to pull up and my doors and wheels to fall off or B) some kind of electrical gremlin throwing up fault codes as it sees fit.

The only other issue on the entire car it a slightly dodgy indicator stalk and the RTI DVD player in the boot which apparently no long reads discs and has had the fuse pulled to stop the screen popping up.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Check the battery.

Replace your headlight bulbs... When HIDs flicker they're near the end of their life. Do both or they won't be the same color.

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
Also try to get a vida scan and give us the codes that are stored for these events. Could be lots of things popping up that console message and we all will just be taking wild guesses till you get us the exact codes that have been thrown. May be a good time to buy your own vida/dice since it will save a lot of money going down the road.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts