SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post a view of your Pilot View of your S60R.

Here's a view from my console :)

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Digital gauges displaying on the GPS screen? You've got to start your own build thread!!! I want to know more about your caR. Looks like you've got a lot of nicely done hidden goodies.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's an aftermarket pop-up screen for Volvo, you can watch movies on it or swap it to a Digital Gauge view with additional OBD output accessories

Digital gauges displaying on the GPS screen? You've got to start your own build thread!!! I want to know more about your caR. Looks like you've got a lot of nicely done hidden goodies.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
It's an aftermarket pop-up screen for Volvo, you can watch movies on it or swap it to a Digital Gauge view with additional OBD output accessories
Can I PM you for details? I and wanting to do exactly that.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
OMG!! Do want that popup display.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QwkBRK - great shot, looks like your plane (oops I mean R) is on the landing strip :)
:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Lol^ Reminds me of Top Gun from the original Nintendo. Landing on the carrier was always a beootch.

So how about more info on the popup display?!!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's some pointers on the integrated gauges display

1. The Scangauge II option is perhaps the most cost effective, but if you like to have something that pops up automatically everytime you push in the key to start the key - this has the Wow factor and keeps the can uncluttered. Has option for Engine Oil temp and Oil pressure with option 2 sensors.

2. You willl likelt need to forgoe your existing integrated GPS system pop up screen and replace it with a GPS or non GPS pop up screen for S60. This can be sourced from www.alibaba.com search under S60 screen/LCD along that line. The GPS ones doesnt work well but may be alright for the US market.

3. For the OBDII displays which has the option for the added 2 sensors - oil temp and pressure sensors, Blitz R-Vit DS is the product that will read from OBD2 (just plug it in there) and the output from Blitz R-Vit DS is channeled to the POP up screen.

Blitz R-Vit DS comes in 2 version, the Continetal ones and the JDMs ones. Make sure you get the Continental ones as it works with Volvos. You can source this out from ebay.com.

Both the Pop up screen and the Blitz devide is operated via a remote.

So far I've channeled 3 sources to the POP bp screen a. The reverse Camera b. The DVD player via a custom splitter swtich that outputs to the rear 2 head rests and front pop up screen c. the Blitz R-Vit DS.

The combo to the above not only creates a new entertainment system for the S60R, biut gives it a 2012 refreshed cabin look and feel. Sit in 2012 sports cars and you know you have the integrated digital gauges in your S60R too :)

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
LightAngel, do you have any installation pictures for the gauge display with boost pressure and oil temp?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Is this the screen?

Sent from a rotary-dial phone using Edna the Small Town Operator

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Is this the screen?

Is this add pretty recent? I can't find it.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
I have this on my car. Works great with the OEM NAV.

You start with the IMIV and build from there.

Here is way back in the days when I started out: http://swede.vortexmediagroup.com/showthread.php?74850-iMIV-TV-Tuner-and-Back-Up-Camera-Project&

The digital TV box adds another port, so that's 3 inputs to choose from my OEM stereo and NAV

I've got the engine data supply system that I got from the Austrlian company running on port 2 of the IMIV. It gives me EGT's and Boost info, ect.

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/8689/dscn2782hk1.jpg

The better method is to use a HKS Camp device and then you can pick up the additional sensors so that you're not taking up a OBMII port.

http://www.nengun.com/hks/camp-2

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Unsure of the brand but by description its function is exactly the same as the one installed on my car that did not come with the OEM GPS Pop Up screen.

Is this the screen?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts