SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend took some pics of the S60R at the Florida Show. Just made a quick page for it.

Click here for the pics

Odd that on the rear pic it just says "S60" and not "S60R". Also in the interior pic, it looks like black leather.

Enjoy.

Ron

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Re: S60R pics from the FL show (mike_c70)

Interesting, graphite leather (not in the press release), but it looks like it's got the R sport seats.

Silver too.

Remember, all of these are VERY preproduction, so I'm sure they'll deviate to some degree.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Re: S60R[???] pics

Thanks for the pics Ron.

I have to say though, this does look a bit like a case of a dealer (or area representative) getting his hands on some R gear- maybe a promotion campaign from Sweden?- and souped up a standard S60.

Still, this is a great way to view an "R- ed" S60...but I don't know that this is an actual "R"...if that makes any sense.

Thanks for the photos though! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by Harrison, 2:29 PM 11-25-2002]

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Re: S60R[???] pics (Harrison)

I'm not sure what to make of it. VCOA did run some press releases in conjunction with the showing of this car. They should be up on the website's main page in about a half hour. That leads me to believe that this car is a preproduction R. If they were dressing it up, you'd think the badge would be a lot easier to do than sport seats.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: S60R[???] pics (Harrison)

I can't see a dealer or a local ad group doing this to a regular S60. First of all, it is illegal as it is major misrepresentation. Second, if you notice, there are three suspension-settign buttons in the center dash, something that would be very expensive to just add on a regualr S60. And lastly, the brake calipers are like the R is supposed to have. Oh! The foglights and headlight lenses agree with what the 2004 S60R is supposed to have.

This is just a display model. I would be surprised if there was a real engine under the hood.

Yannis

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I did talk to my friend to get some more info on this. Basically the car was locked but the sunroof was open. They wouldn't open the hood to check out the engine. Probably just a shell as Yannis said.

But what about the different colors on this display unit verus the colors that are on the press release? Isn't that a misrepresentation of the color offerings?

Ron

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
Re: S60R[???] pics (B518T)

All things "in sight" look very R compared to the Paris Salon model I saw.
Only the interior color look to grey, the Salon R had a real black face plate and black dash moldings.

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

George, you are correct. I bow down to thee. http://********************/smile/emwink.gif Silver is on the list of production colors.

Ron

·
Registered
313 Posts
Re: S60R[???] pics (GrecianVolvo)

Grecian Volvo, why can't you see that? it's a easy fit as long as you can get a body shop to do it. Did you see those people with RS4 parts on S4s? The size doesn't even fit and they were able to pull it off. My advice is....stop thinking of legal issues and just have fun with your car, driving over the limit is illegal already

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: S60R[???] pics (Mr. T5)

quote:

Grecian Volvo, why can't you see that? it's a easy fit as long as you can get a body shop to do it. Did you see those people with RS4 parts on S4s? The size doesn't even fit and they were able to pull it off. My advice is....stop thinking of legal issues and just have fun with your car, driving over the limit is illegal already
They just would not do that, believe me. It is not worth the legal implications to large companies like Volvos. Plus I have seen my fair share of preproduction display models that are put together for show purposes only.

Yannis

1 - 17 of 17 Posts