SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2005 has the parking assist sensors on the back end, and the original HU-650. That said, it has never actually done anything on my car. Is there a button or some other thing that should make it go? Or a reverse sensor that may be hosed?

·
Registered
598 Posts
My '07 S60R has a button in front of the shifter to disable the parking sensors but they are on by default. I'll post a pic of said button later today.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Here is the photo. The parking assist button is the lit button to the right.

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
When in reverse the radio will display "park assist active" if it's on. And make beeping noises if you're going to hit something. My mom has it in her XC70... I don't think it works very well...

·
Registered
93 Posts
I don't really have an issue with the park assist on my car and its been very valuable in city parking situations. It will sometimes get fooled by rain on the sensors, but other than that its pretty good. As Hounddogger said if yours is functioning it will automatically come on and display "park assist active" on your stock headunit while in reverse. The park assist button mentioned above will turn it off, but it defaults to on as mentioned previously. Does your car have an AEM?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's the reverse switch being dead. I noted the reverse lights didn't come on at all either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts