SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have premium sound, but for the life of me i cannot hear any difference from the non premium sound i have in s60r my05

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: s60r my06 premium sound (DANIELSWEM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>DANIELSWEM</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have premium sound, but for the life of me i cannot hear any difference from the non premium sound i have in s60r my05</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Does your '05 have an HU-850? Not sure how your options work over there, but here the premium package includes the HU-850 which is the top system offered.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: s60r my06 premium sound (needsdecaf)

both have 850's<br>but the premium <br>MY06 should have a more<br>powerful amp

·
Registered
21,340 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>DANIELSWEM</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">both have 850's<br>but the premium <br>MY06 should have a more<br>powerful amp</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Not that way in this country, could be different in UK. Over here if you have the HU-850 head unit, you've got the premimum sound, amps, speakers and all.

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
yup, hu-850 is our premium, hu-650 is our standard.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Re: (phuz)

I liked more the HD-813/613 line of the 2004 and older S60s. Not only it would let you navigate all presets stations with the steering wheel buttons (now you have to switch FM1, FM2, FM3) but it would allow access to the "hidden" equalizer with separate bass, treble & mids the front and rear speakers.

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Re: (BrunoS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>BrunoS</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I liked more the HD-813/613 line of the 2004 and older S60s. Not only it would let you navigate all presets stations with the steering wheel buttons (now you have to switch FM1, FM2, FM3) but it would allow access to the "hidden" equalizer with separate bass, treble & mids the front and rear speakers. </TD></TR></TABLE><p>Isn't there a hidden equalizer on our '04 HU-803s also?

·
Registered
20 Posts

I've thrashed my premium front speaker by doing some extreme quality assurance testing of the sound system. It only took me about two months to discover the front speaker (I have nav) is the weakest leak in the setup. It's only irritating when I listen to talk radio though, when I crank the Pretenders, White Stripes or anything heavy it sounds just fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts