SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new here and need help
I have a 2004 S60R with manual transmission, car has around 85K miles. Recently got sock on a road and had to tow the car home as it wouldn't move. I never abuse my car, always drive gentle. After making a left hand turn the car starts slowing down like there was no connection between the engine and transmission or transfer case. I can engage any gear besides 5th for some reason while stationary. When engaging the first gear and releasing the clutch pedal slowly car starts moving but the moment I'm pressing on a gas pedal it makes some grinding/knocking noise. I also made it happen with engaging reverse gear. But was able to do it only once, the other time I tried to release clutch slowly while in 1st gear the car wouldn't move and makes those grinding/knocking noise right away. It gave me a message 'Anti-Skid Service Required' when it all happened but it went away after I shut down the car and started it again. The message is no longer there. I had a front axle replaced maybe 1K miles ago and the shop told me that my transfer case will need to be replaced after 5K miles or so. Could it be a transfer case issue or is there something wrong with my transmission? Please advise what to do or whom to ask, I live near Chicago IL. Car must be towed therefore I'd like to have some basic idea what to do or at least tow it to the right knowledgeable mechanics. Thank you

1 - 1 of 1 Posts