SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was up in San Luis Obispo for a work conference. I was heading home Friday afternoon - enjoying my drive down the 101 at about 2pm. It was really pretty.

I came upon a group of about 10 M3s! All of them looked really fixed up. Exhausts, lowered, you name it. CSL trunks....they looked nice. I didn't know it at the time, but I later learned that Bimmerfest is this weekend in Santa Barbara, so they were probably going there.

I came up along side them and was slightly passing them and almost every one of them did the double take of my R and quite a few shot me some thumbs up.

One of them started following me, wanting to "see what I had". Kill stories aren't allowed here....so I'll leave the details out. Suffice it to say, nothing reckless occured, and no one died...

the guy had a passenger and when all was done, he yelled "that thing is FAST" and gave me a big thumbs up and a big smile. He tried to say something about how his trunk was full of stuff....I guess he wanted to let me know his car was weighed down.....

He then proceeded to whip out his video camera and take video of my car as they cruised along.

It was kind of cool to cruise up to some of the NICEST M3s I have ever seen - get thumbs up from them, then run one - then get told "your car is really fast" then have them take video of my car.

Made my day.

·
Premium Member
39,081 Posts
Re: (dgloveR)

Quote, originally posted by dgloveR »
I agree...maybe head down to Portland, have a few beers and lunch at a brewhouse then snake back on some back roads.
\

Yeah, after a few beers, you would snake back alright!

Yannis

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Re: S60R gets THUMBS UP from M3s heading to Bimmefest (23109VC)

Hey Sean, Don gave me a ride in the Blue Car and sold me on the chip. Your car has got to be really fast with your set up. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

I think I know the out come the minute you said, Kill stories aren't allowed here"
, but you can IM me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Re: S60R gets THUMBS UP from M3s heading to Bimmefest (23109VC)

Wow! 10 M3's and one video'd you! Cool stuff man!

It would be very cool to have a chase car video tape and photograph your R in motion on the highway.

My thumps up experience with an M3 last week went like this: I was driving south on the DVP (Don Valley Parkway, Toronto) going downtown to work when I came up on an M3. We enjoyed a few Km's of fun and safe driving (I was following him). At one point when the road opened up he put it down but I did not give chase since I'm still babying my R for the break-in period, it was so tempting though, but I had the will-power to ease up and keep the RPM's below 4500 (it was a classic case of mind vs. lead foot). I used some savy traffic-intelligence to manouver my way back beside him and we both smiled, then he gave me the thumbs-up and we parted ways. We shall meet again!

Not all M3 drivers are bad!

LTA

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.